cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my cell number is being used by someone else

Sonex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My cell number is being used to call a phone in NS. I have a limited plan and there is a person using up my 50 phone minutes per month. How do I get rid of this? They are using my cell number.

24 REPLIES 24

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sonex wrote:

My cell number is being used to call a phone in NS. I have a limited plan and there is a person using up my 50 phone minutes per month. How do I get rid of this? They are using my cell number.

@Sonex    Does the number end in 4001?  That would be PM's voicemail number and doesn't use any of your available mins unless you retrieve your voicemail messages.

You can add the $5/500 Canada wide mins to your plan as back up mins which stay on the account until completely used up (no expiry for domestic add-ons).

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sonex How often does this happen? Could it be a reused new number that someone gave up? How long have you had this number?

Sonex

Yes. It's 902--580-4001

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Sonex : Can you call in/out, text in/out, browse the internet on any data add-ons? Are the minutes going down on the overview page counter? Or are you seeing these calls in your usage details?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sonex wrote:

Yes. It's 902-580-4001

@Sonex   That's just the voicemail and will only count against your mins if you listen to the message by pressing 1 on your dialer.  You can listen to your voicemail message from another phone and then your minutes don't get used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sonex 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Sonex

Two years.

The most recent calls used 7, then 19 minutes. I looked back at my phone log and there are numerous calls. Nov. 3 was 38 minutes. I haven't looked back more than two months. I'm currently checking my call history.

@Sonex wrote:

Yes. It's 902-580-4001

That's PM voicemail number..  you likely have been using the phone to call your voicemail.  That would count towards your minute bucket

Updated list of Voicemail Access Numbers - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@Sonex : What brought you here to ask? Were you just poking around the self-serve looking at things? I wouldn't worry too much about the detail logs. It's the front page counter that matters. If that seems to be consuming your minutes unknowingly then that's a peculiar problem. I have 3 of those plans. I've never noticed anything odd like that.