cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my CC is registered with Public mobile but my auto payment did not go through??!?!!

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting very fed up with public mobile. Last month my phone service was stopped for a few times while  i was away  from cell phone reception for a few days and then when i returned home i realized that my phone plan stopped because they didn't take my new CC that i had provided in my account. So i had to manually pay it. 

I made sure my cc is registered to my public mobile account.. and this month my phone stopped again!! I got a text saying i do not have enough money in my account to pay. 

Can someone please tell me how the f rick i can get public mobile to smarten up and know to charge my credit card?? And about the reward points how come it doesn't apply when i pay manually? it shows i have $4 credit which is the exact same as last month but it didn't even discount my credit when i paid my phone bill.

Looking to switch to fido very soon.. i just can't stand this service anymore. Three years with this company and still no improvement. 

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65  you have every right to be mad and frustrated. Public is aware of the Auto-Pay random failures but sadly has not been able to resolve the issue.

Your options are to make a manual payment a couple of days before your plan renewal using your cc on file, switch providers or do nothing and accept the possibility of Auto-Pay failure and service suspension.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @twlau65 ,

Yes, autopay can sometimes fail, unfortunately.

I would recommend letting the PM Moderators know when your autopay fails, and also let them know your past troubles with this.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Many of us just pay manually

You still get rewards as you are registered

Now I have noticed when it happens once to an account it is now likely to happen the next time. I have advised friends and family who don't want to bother with manual payment to contact moderators and have them look into the account. It's good thing to do even if you plan to pay manually as you probably want an option off somewhat reliable backup.

Again you can just login and pay when you are paying other bills

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.