cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lunar new year promo

mango_06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ordered my SIM late last week and just got it but noticed the Lunar new year promo ($10 off for 8 months) is no longer available. Is there any way around this? Can't find a customer service number or contact besides this forum. 

thanks in advance,

14 REPLIES 14

@Kruhl wrote:

This is my Amazon receipt, View order details

• Order date

Jan 29, 2020

Sorry, but this doesn't make any difference. The account had to be activated while the promotion was still active. Even if it weren't for the problems that you were having yesterday with the Public Mobile activation website, it still would have been too late.

Kruhl

This is my Amazon receipt, View order details

• Order date

Jan 29, 2020

Order #

702-4416825-4009843

Order total

CDN$ 7.90 (1 item)

@Kruhl , @pookguy . The Lunar promotion expired at 11.59 PM eastern standard time on February 3rd. So signing up today or yesterday wouldn't have helped either of you. Sorry.

Kruhl

I tried to set up my new sim yesterday after it arrived from Amazon and couldn't get it registered and now I won't get the $5.00 of for 8 months. I feel cheated. 

pookguy

As of today there are STILL issues with the activation webpage right now, and yestarday as i too wanted to take advantage of the $5 for 8 month deal.

Reallly, this website is riddled with bugs. where do i post them?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mango_06 wrote:

Ordered my SIM late last week and just got it but noticed the Lunar new year promo ($10 off for 8 months) is no longer available. Is there any way around this? Can't find a customer service number or contact besides this forum. 

thanks in advance,

Sorry, but the promotion is over. The conditions of the promotion were that the account must have been activation while it was active. I wouldn't spend any time contacitng moderators. What you can do is wait for a future promotion, now that you have your sim card. 

I can only remember one past promotion for which it was stated that sim cards could be activated after the promotion's end. For that promotion, Public Mobile made it so that the customer had to order a sim online, but also had a date after the offer stopped being advertised that the sim card needed to be activated by.

There was also a broad exception made for customers joinng back in late 2016 when customers who ordered sim cards online were allowed to activate a promotion even weeks after the offer's expiry. This was becasue there were many issues with the website and shipping delays.

@mango_06 wrote:

thanks in advance,

Sorry, but the promotion is over. The conditions of the promotion were that the account must have been activation while it was active. I wouldn't spend any time contacitng moderators. What you can do is wait for a future promotion, now that you have your sim card. 

I can only remember one past promotion for which it was stated that sim cards could be activated after the promotion's end. For that promotion, Public Mobile made it so that the customer had to order a sim online, but also had a date after the offer stopped being advertised that the sim card needed to be activated by.

There was also a broad exception made for customers joinng back in late 2016 when customers who ordered sim cards online were allowed to activate a promotion even weeks after the offer's expiry. This was becasue there were many issues with the website and shipping delays.

@mango_06 

Unfortunately once the offer has expired, there's no way around it.

The promo announcement was updated on Sunday morning saying it would be over after end of day Monday.

There's no expiry on SIM cards, so you can wait around for the promo. It's your choice.

mango_06

thanks for your quick responses

@mango_06 that's a good point. But as @Jb456 points out. You now have your SIM in hand for the next promotion .

@mango_06 wrote:

I can't contact a moderator without a PM account, but I don't want to create the account without the promo lol. The promo didnt have a end day, just limited time offer. If I knew the cut off day I wouldn't have ordered the SIM online. 

@mango_06

I know it is very annoying, don't places have different date for online orders

You could have walked into Walmart and possibly got a free sim.

Well if it doesn't work out you can wait for the next promo, they do show up from time to time, you should go to plans page and signup at the bottom for the deal alerts.

The following link is direct message to mods. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Good luck

mango_06

I can't contact a moderator without a PM account, but I don't want to create the account without the promo lol. The promo didnt have a end day, just limited time offer. If I knew the cut off day I wouldn't have ordered the SIM online. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately no. You missed it. Should have went to Walmart and bought a sim.

No phone number at Public Mobile. All done online.

Simon.JPG

But maybe wait a few days and maybe they will have a Valentine's promo

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try submitting a ticket.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help    -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mango_06 unfortunately there isn't. Did you buy your SIM directly from PM? If you did, did you receive the tracking email from them? You should have received the SIM within 3 to 5 business days. In this Instance, try contacting a moderator and explain your situation.

@mango_06 wrote:

thanks in advance,

Need Help? Let's chat.