cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lowering my plan I have been on auto deduct for years.

KenR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dear PM. community,

I wish the system could see that I am auto deduct so I can easily lower my plan from the $50 plan$35 plan. It would like me to top up my account. Seems counterintuitive. Maybe I should lower my plan on the exact day of my renewal?

Sincerely big fan of PM

14 REPLIES 14

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@KenR  Select the plan you want than choose "Change at next renewal date". At your next renewal the system will automatically put you on the new plan you picked.

Screenshot_20220110-082231_Chrome.jpg

@BeachNBeer  I think you have a red-ring of wine spilled on that post. I thought you were partial to Beer?

😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think so. Are your services working?

The Amount Due setting can be a bit buggy. When people ask about changing plans at renewal, it's recommended to get the Available Funds balance to cover the cost of the pricier plan. Then the excess will stay for the next renewal.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yay! Glad to see your issue was resolved immediately. Hope you continue to enjoy uninterrupted service from now on @KenR !

KenR

so I paid the amount due now, and I see the renewal date has been changed to today, very clever. So I am paid up for one month. I guess everything is all sorted out now.

0PX9O4

Never mind, just re-read the message. If your plan is suspended, overpaying by $1 could indeed trigger the account to get activated again (at the lower plan). I'd suggest trying that first  @KenR 

0PX9O4

Not sure overpaying would solve the issue if your plan is still active but you don't have service. I'd suggest you get in touch with an agent by sending a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

KenR

Good morning again, 

So lame. Plan has been correctly reduced from $50 plan to $35 plan. Without topping up. As why would I , I am on auto deduct for years. Now the phone service is deactivated.

So it's easy to pay money into the account now. Then on my renewal it will be overpaid correct ?

What's a good way to proceed ? If the back end is not smart enough to know I am on auto deduct and just my plan accordingly ,  is it smart enough to not take a full payment on top of what I paid today?

BeachNBeer

@KenR Excellent!. Have a great day.

KenR

thank you for your assistance. My plan did change when I clicked change. I thought it did not.

Have a great day

BeachNBeer

@KenR  Are you making sure to click the little  dot on left of the plan you want first? This will change the bottom to top up now or change at next renewal.

If it is still grey. Try clearing your cache/history then opening a new browser in incognito mode.

Screenshot_20220110-083839_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-083737_Chrome.jpg

KenR

Change at next renewal was my first choice. However it was not lit up. The only thing that was lit up was top up account.

I'm working on my daughters account right now

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KenR 

You don't want to change your plan now? You want to schedule a change plan on next renewal instead. Choose the option on your bottom right. You can cancel or change the plan you have chosen at anytime up until your renewal.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@KenR 

You can change plans either immediately or at next renewal date.  It is recommended to change plans at renewal date.  If you change plans immediately, you will be charged the full new plan fee and lose whatever is remaining in the original plan.

If you are an old grandfathered $50 plan (ie. not available anymore at the present time) and change to a new plan, you will not be able to get grandfathered plan back in the future.  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

BeachNBeer

@KenR  Select the plan you want than choose "Change at next renewal date". At your next renewal the system will automatically put you on the new plan you picked.

Screenshot_20220110-082231_Chrome.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.