cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost phone

Busterbrown3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my son lost his phone I have no idea if he has an account how do I stop service to his phone number? Is there anyway to speak to a Public Phone representative? Thanks M

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Busterbrown3 wrote:

my son lost his phone I have no idea if he has an account how do I stop service to his phone number? Is there anyway to speak to a Public Phone representative? Thanks M

@Busterbrown3 

Try calling the number - does it ring and go through to his voicemail?   Perhaps there's a chance an honest finder will answer and you'll get it back.

If the device was registered to a Google account or apple (iCloud) account, perhaps a find my phone service may work for you.  This would require logging into the google or apple account to utilize the service.

Give it a shot.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Busterbrown3 wrote:

Try different emails it could be and use the Forgot you Password option. Remember only one unique email per account is allowed.

If you can get logged into My Account then...

See how to report lost / stolen: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

Edit to add tag @Busterbrown3 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Find out first IF he has an account and service with PM.

Basically somebody has to log in into account and report phone as lost/stolen which will suspend service immediately.

zhengbe2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Login into your account
  • Click on Profile
  • Report lost/stolen phone

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did he get the account? If before last July then if he signed up in a store then maybe he didn't create an account.

If he has an account then he can login to it and use the lost/stolen function to self-suspend the service.

There's no speaking to anybody. You or he would need to use the chatbot simon system to contact support. You might find that difficult if you don't know his credentials.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Busterbrown3 @Loggin in to public mobile and disable auto pay but if you still need agent 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.