cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its 22 May and I have used all my 100 minutes. When does my next 100 minute call cycle start?

danreyan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is 100 minutes canada wide outgoing calls.

It's May 22 and i have used all of the 100 minutes.     

I cannot make an outgoing call anymore.      

My question is when will the next 100 minutes be available for use?    

Will it be on June 1st, 15th, or the date when I have started my plan for which I cannot remember.

611 call has no answer about it.

Account profile has no info about it.

Thank you for answers.

19 REPLIES 19

@danreyan wrote:

still looking for a renewal date. Is the renewal date the same as the next payment date?

HI @danreyan   Yes, it is.  The Amount due date on My Account is the first day of your next cycle.

Please remember that PM is on 30 days cycle.  So, the renewal date will move up constantly

@danreyan 

You'll get another 100 minutes when your plan renews. That's also when you'll be charged for the plan again. Payment needs to be made before the renewal.  Nobody knows the exact date except you as you'll have to check when the last renewal was.

danreyan

still looking for a renewal date. Is the renewal date the same as the next payment date?

warzouing

If your minutes are used up but you still have some data or have access to a Wifi network, you should look at the following options. Whatsapp, Viber, Facetime, Messenger will all allow you to make calls as long as the other person has the same app ínstalled on their smart phone. I call them apps calling instead of number calling like Textnow (US/Canada) or Fongo Mobile (Canada) where you are provided with a phone number and you can call any number no matter it is a landline or a voip number.

HI @Yummy   If you are interested in Whatsapp type of Communication, check Facebook Message or Signal

But again, these are app calling, it is only useful if your friends are using the same app

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Thank you @dabr  for your note. WhatApp had some privacy issues (and maybe some other) last year.

Since both users have to have that app installed in order to communicate I see no difference between WA and Viber.

Adds in TextNow do not bother me at all and I find it extremely useful if I want to communicate/SMS with somebody I do NOT want to give my cell number. So far never failed. But, everybody has its own favourite apps and I do appreciate hearing about experiences and pro and cons.

@Yummy wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

I would recommend using WhatsApp and use your existing PM number.

Wasn't whatsapp had some serious security issues a while ago? I kind of steer away from it... TextNow is my preferred voip app. But I am open for suggestions. Pro and cons...

HI @Yummy 

Whatsapp and TextNow are not really the same thing

Whatsapp is an App Communication software for message, file/image sharing , video calling. This won't work if the other person does not have this install

TextNow is more a VoIP phone app, you can text and make calls to any phone

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

Wasn't whatsapp had some serious security issues a while ago? I kind of steer away from it... TextNow is my preferred voip app. But I am open for suggestions. Pro and cons...

Not sure what security issues you're referring to but there are always occasional issues of software flaws same as for other apps/programs used these days, but I'm sure it was fixed shortly after being identified.  Whatsapp is end- to- end encrypted for messages/calls and is great for keeping in touch with family and friends for free. 

The downside for whatsapp is that you can only communicate with people who also have the app installed.  That's probably where Textnow might be the preferred option as it allows for calls to anyone without the need for the other party to also have that app on their phone.   The big downside for Textnow, for me at least, is the ads and one of the reasons why I've not bothered to get it, plus having to get another number.  

This is definitely a good option for you. Do you not have a self serve? Your renewal date is pretty clearly posted at the top. If you are on the new rewards plan you actually got a welcome bonus of 5 points, you could put that towards that 500 minute add on to fill in minutes for when you reach your limit before renewal

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@danreyan 

Public Mobile is prepaid. So your pay by date is it....no pay, no service. Actually you get a 6 hour grace period as renewal payments occur at 2am eastern (unless they run late) followed by a 4 hour window to pay your plan amount either via 611 or your self serve account. Payments via self serve may need to be forced thru the system via lost/stolen. When renewals occur on time suspension for non payment occurs at 6am eastern.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@danreyan wrote:

That is actually the problem. There is nowhere to see when is my next renewal date.

It says on Overview/Main page:

Yummy_0-1653326788421.png

THAT date is your renewal date when you will get new 100 minutes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@danreyan 

Your payment date and renewal date are the same. If you must pay by June 1st then at the stroke of midnight on June 1st you can use your 100 outgoing plan minutes. If you don't want to purchase an add on then download text now or fongo to use on WiFi or mobile data.(1min=0.5mb/500min=250mb)

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

danreyan

That is actually the problem. There is nowhere to see when is my next renewal date. All 611 and profile acct talks about is payment date, next payment, auto payment, next cycle payment ,payment ,payment.

How about when can I next make a call using the 100 minute?

@BKNS27 wrote:

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@danreyan 

Adding to @hairbag1 recommendation using wifi calling app. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Whenever your next renewal occurs is when you'll get a fresh 100mins.

If you're usually near wifi...consider getting a free voip app like TextNow. It uses your wifi and you can send / receive calls from most any US and Cdn numbers. You can select a free Cdn number for TextNow use.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@danreyan hi it will be on the date you started your plan you can find that out in your self serve account you can also buy a 500 min 5 dollar add on it will stay on your account till you use it up 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@danreyan 

Go into your account and check when your renewal date starts. It is not the daywhen you purchase your plan because PM is on a 30 days cycle.

Otherwise, you can purchase an Add-on minutes for 500 minutes Canada wide for $5.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can hear the renewal date dialing 611. You can check your account to see the pay before date.

The $5 500 minute Canada calling add-on is a great add-on for limited minute plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.