Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just done

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Eric128 wrote:

Almost 9 pm on Nov 6

2 days gone, nothing happen!!

Eric 

You supplied IMEI, account PIN and still waiting for moderator to port your number over.

Let's hope to hear from moderator for tomorrow.  It also depends on how quickly Petro Mobility releases your phone number.

Eric128

Almost 9 pm on Nov 6

2 days gone, nothing happen!!

Eric 

Eric128

Hi Ba, 

Thanks. I know this yesterday by calling Petro Mobility, and provided all info to MOD on Nov 4 morning 

waiting now

Eric 

popping

I search this forum and found a post by @wetcoaster.  He ported his Speakout number to PM with IMEI and PIN to port Speakout number to PM.  His post is the last post on the following thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-7-11-Speakout/td-p/132205/pag...

"Other people had suggested to use the phone number as account number, so that's what I did. Well, it didn't work for me. After contacting the mods and finally getting to talk to a Speakout customer service person (their system hung up on me 4 times...) I have to assume that IMEI number combined with the PIN code did the trick."

@Eric128

Since Speakout and Petro Mobility are managed by the same company.  You should phone Petro Mobility to find out what is the IMEI number registered on your Petro Mobility account. We have @Ba and @wetcoaster confirmed that IMEI and PIN will port the number to PM.

popping

@Ba wrote:

@Eric128 wrote:

key point is, problem not solve yet 

Since Petro Canada Mobility does not use account numbers, you have to provide the IMEI of the phone that you registered with Petro Canada. Petro said you only need your phone number and your PIN but it didn’t work, at least in my case. It worked after 3 days back and forth with the mods and only when I provided the IMEI of the phone I originally registered with Petro. You may or may not need to turn on 3G cellular data and reboot the phone before it works.

Petro Mobility and 7-11 Speakout are managed by the same company.  Therefore, this info applies to Speakout too.  It will be a nightmare if one don't have the old phone anymore to get the IMEI number.

I am going to port a Speakout number to PM in Jan and I am not looking forward to it.  I will phone ahead of time to get the IMEI used from Speakout.

Ba

@Eric128 wrote:

Since Petro Canada Mobility does not use account numbers, you have to provide the IMEI of the phone that you registered with Petro Canada. Petro said you only need your phone number and your PIN but it didn’t work, at least in my case. It worked after 3 days back and forth with the mods and only when I provided the IMEI of the phone I originally registered with Petro. You may or may not need to turn on 3G cellular data and reboot the phone before it works.

Eric128

sent first message Nov 1

first response on nov 3, replied same day 

2nd response this morning on Nov 4, replied immediately

mimmo

@Eric128  can you post your moderator interaction timeline in the following post:

ie

first message sent

first mod reply received

reply to mod message sent

etc....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Current-moderator-wait-times-based-on-rea...

Eric128

I got message from MOD team, and provide related info thye needed. 

wait good result 

@Eric128 wrote:

Hi ComputerGeek541, 

Really appreciated your good info. 

This is not kind of service I am looking for 

If the MOD team needs more info, they should just send a quick message to me 

Please kindly advise how to get my account cancel and get my money refund 

The moderators would have sent you a message asking for information. However, my advice to send another message with more information about your Petro Canada account and to provide your Public Mobile PIN number is so that you don't have to wait even more time for the problem to be fixed. 

@Eric128

Due to high demand, moderator wait times are about 72+ hours unfortunately.  Hopefully, the moderator will get hold of you tomorrow. 

Since Public Mobile is prepaid, generally, there is no refunds, but you can ask the moderator when they respond to you.  No formal way to cancel account.  Just remove your credit card from autopay and let your account expire at next payment date.  If you don't renew in 90 days, your account will expire and the public mobile number will be lost.

If you other account is working, you can continue to use that sim/number, etc.  Up to you, but once your service gets going with Public Mobile, most customers like the service and savings.....

Eric128

Hi ComputerGeek541, 

Really appreciated your good info. 

This is not kind of service I am looking for 

If the MOD team needs more info, they should just send a quick message to me 

Please kindly advise how to get my account cancel and get my money refund 

@Eric128 wrote:

Hi Computergeek541, 

sent message to MOD yesterday, but not get any response till now 

message copy as below, I just X out last 4 of my phone No. 

yesterday
Hi  I transfer my phone from Petro Mobility to PM at 12:40 today November 1, Till now, not porting yet My celluar Phone No. is 416-400 XXXX  You should get all info from my profile  Maybe only the name is different on Petro Mobility , I have (name removed).   Please help to solve the problem, thanks a lot  If you need any further info, please feel free to let me know    Eric 

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, if that's the message that you sent to the moderators, they won't be able to do anything for you.  They cannot get your information, nor confirm it by looking at your community profile.  You must provide your Public Mobile account PIN to the moderators to prove the account is yours before they can make any changes to your account or to discuss it with you.

In addition, please be sure to provide the IMEI of your Petro Canada Mobility device and the account PIN of your Petro Canada account, and then send another private message to Moderator_Team.

It might  take a few days before they get a chance to repsond to you.

Eric128

Hi Krazykiwi,

Please refer my reply as below, hope it help

This is everything that you sent to the MODs?  yes

Have you received a reply yet? no

Is your old carrier account still active? yes

Can you still use you Petro Mobility sim? yes

@Eric128 wrote:

Hi Computergeek541, 

yesterday
Hi  I transfer my phone from Petro Mobility to PM at 12:40 today November 1, Till now, not porting yet My celluar Phone No. is 416-400 XXXX  You should get all info from my profile  Maybe only the name is different on Petro Mobility , I have Chia Mo YANG   Please help to solve the problem, thanks a lot  If you need any further info, please feel free to let me know    Eric 

This is everything that you sent to the MODs?

Have you received a reply yet?

Is your old carrier account still active?

Can you still use you Petro Mobility sim?

Eric128

Hi Computergeek541, 

yesterday
Hi  I transfer my phone from Petro Mobility to PM at 12:40 today November 1, Till now, not porting yet My celluar Phone No. is 416-400 XXXX  You should get all info from my profile  Maybe only the name is different on Petro Mobility , I have Chia Mo YANG   Please help to solve the problem, thanks a lot  If you need any further info, please feel free to let me know    Eric 

@Eric128 wrote:

Hi Computergeek541, 

Good to know 

As I am new in PM, please help to guide me how to contact Public Mobile's online moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Eric128

Hi Computergeek541, 

Good to know 

As I am new in PM, please help to guide me how to contact Public Mobile's online moderators.

@Eric128 wrote:

Hi Popping, 

Not get your point very well

I use Petro Mobility pay as you go, seems not having account No., just the celluar phone No. 

Should I go store to fix the problem??

No, you should not go to the store.  The people are the store are not there to, and cannot provide any customer service for Public Mobile customers.  The only way to fix your issue issue is to contact Public Mobile's online moderators.

I have read that for Speakout and and Petro Canada (Ztar) phone number transfers, that both IMEI and account PIN are required.  I have heard varrying tales of sucess about whether or not using the phone number as an account number for number porting works - sometimes it appears that it does work, but sometimes not.

Eric128

Hi Popping, 

Not get your point very well

I use Petro Mobility pay as you go, seems not having account No., just the celluar phone No. 

Should I go store to fix the problem??

popping

@Eric128 wrote:

I have this celluar phone number for more than 10 years

Yes, I do it online step by step and got summary confirmation

Should I go store to fix the problem ?

The company who provide service for Petro Mobility also handle 7-11 Speakout.

If Petro Mobility does not have an account number similar to the 7-11 Speakout, what did you use for the previous provider account number?  You should use your phone number on the account field.

Porting Petro Mobility number to PM will have similar Speakout porting issue.

Eric128

I have this celluar phone number for more than 10 years

Yes, I do it online step by step and got summary confirmation

Should I go store to fix the problem ?

Eric128

I have this cell No. for more than 10 years, not a landline 

@Anonymous wrote: 

Edit: I don't get it. I see the thread and figure well no one is saying anything. I start typing. I'm not that slow. Post. And then there's a post from someone else from allegedly 2 minutes prior. Is there some kind of delay on posts?

I think there must be cuz the exact same for me. There were no responses when I started typing....but my response shows imediately for me! Hmmm

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Eric128 wrote:

I transfer my phone number from Petro Mobility

it is almost 3 hours, not porting yet. 

how long should I expect?

Hi and welcome. Typically it should have been done by now depending on where it is you are porting from. It could take up to 5 days to port from a landline.

Is this a new account?

Did you set up the account and then port or attempted porting during the activattion process?

Did you do it instore or online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric128 wrote:

I transfer my phone number from Petro Mobility

it is almost 3 hours, not porting yet. 

how long should I expect?

Hopefully you provided all the right information.

Use your prior SIM until it no longer works and then you'll know.

Porting time does seem to vary.

What all is working and what all is not? In and out.

Edit: I don't get it. I see the thread and figure well no one is saying anything. I start typing. I'm not that slow. Post. And then there's a post from someone else from allegedly 2 minutes prior. Is there some kind of delay on posts?

mimmo

Probably a stuck port. Mods will need to fix 72+ hours to reply.

Make sure your Petro can number is active during this time and use that sim till port is completed.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.