cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my old samsung model: SM-G360G compatible?

photogstu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is an older samsung galaxy core PRIME TD-LTE phone from Australia.  Will it work with public mobile? There seems to be no search tab on the public mobile site anymore. 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

photogstu

Thanks 

@NormanWalsh wrote:

If he has problem I could given him a working ROM and Radio to flash his device. Do I get credit for helping him no so whats the point helping others on here? When nobody listen to someone with way more experience and a friend with same device and location. Take care won't hear from me again waste of time trying to help others on hear. 

I think if you know someone with this same device, then that is valuable information and relatable and helpful to this post @NormanWalsh . Please do not be discouraged on solution chosen. You feedback is documented and may very well help others!

NormanWalsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If he has problem I could given him a working ROM and Radio to flash his device. Do I get credit for helping him no so whats the point helping others on here? When nobody listen to someone with way more experience and a friend with same device and location. Take care won't hear from me again waste of time trying to help others on hear. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@photogstu 

if you have any friend has SIM card for public mobile, insert to check is works, or go to any store for Telus or Koodo them have Test SIM.

@photogstu   You can try to put a PM sim card there since you have the phone. I would assume voice might work with the 3G.  But really  try lots of incoming calls and outgoing calls in different area and make sure most calls are going though.  Since my research has no credible source on the exact 3G bands it has , iff the model has one less 3G bands, has only one of the the two required bands used for PM, you will see a lot of calls missed, which I don't think you want

For data, yes, it might not be reliable, but some people don't rely on data too much on old phone, so, it might not be a concern for you if you are one of those.

photogstu

When I turn it on, it shows Galaxy core prime, then 4GX.  Behind the battery it shows model # SM-G360G. It is from Australia, mums old phone. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@photogstu 

If you are in Winnipeg or Brandon then you may have issues with your service. While you may not have good 4G LTE connectivity  you can use all of your services on the 3G network. Don't pick a 4G plan as you would pay extra no reason.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@photogstu 

kimovil says global version should work for "Samsung Galaxy Core Prime":

esjliv_0-1659985150369.png

But, if someone has one already and is using it or tests it, I suppose that would be the better test.

@NormanWalsh 

Same exact Australia model or just Galaxy Core Prime? Galaxy Prime has North American model , which is quiet different in terms of bands.  The one OP has is an Australia variant, which is quiet different from the North American one

NormanWalsh

My friends has the same phone from Australia with no issues Samsung model: SM-G360G

Network Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE

1, 3, 7, 8, 20 - G360F

1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 17 - G360BT

2, 4, 12 - G360T (T-Mobile)

HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@photogstu 

this is a harder phone to find

from what I see, this is the spec for your phone.  BOLD are the compatible bands to PM

3G: 850/900/1900/2100

4G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28

These are the bands used in PM:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

You only have two compatible 4G bands.  While it might works , but I am afraid it won't work great.  You will see slow data or data might not work in different area

Also, the 3G bands, I believe the info I found is correct but I am not 100% sure.  

If you have the phone with you., try it. Make sure you try in different area and make sure voice works 

If you do not have the phone yet and thinking to buy it, I would avoid it and find one that has more compatible bands

NormanWalsh

Should have no issues. Have a wonderful day Photogstu.

Need Help? Let's chat.