invalid sim when entering a new and unactivated sim

vodka74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

cleared cache on browser and tried different browser..still same issue

15 REPLIES 15

LauraBrady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had this problem yesterday. You need to message a moderator. This link should help. They sorted everything out for me.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

@vodka74 wrote:

can i give someone my sim card new one with 19 digit to verify?

There is no reason to do this. If the correct number is being entered, any other member entering that number will yield the same result. Invalid sim means that either the sim card number was used before, that the number was typed incorrectly, or that someone had started the activation process but did not complete it.

vodka74

Thank you it is much appreciated 

@vodka74 wrote:

Hi

I got this sim from a friend who says its a new sim and never activated. He gave me as I wanted to help my cousin set it up

I tried incognito mode but no success. i tried creating a ticket with moderator but i need to have an account inorder or it wont allow me to send a ticket

any moderator that can assist would be great?

thanks in advance and much appreciated

Use this direct link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

vodka74

Hi

I got this sim from a friend who says its a new sim and never activated. He gave me as I wanted to help my cousin set it up

I tried incognito mode but no success. i tried creating a ticket with moderator but i need to have an account inorder or it wont allow me to send a ticket

any moderator that can assist would be great?

thanks in advance and much appreciated

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vodka74   if you got that error during your first activation immediately after entering the sim card number then that card has been previously activated. If the sim card number was accepted the first time you tried activating the card then you need to wait for about an hour for the last session lock to clear before you can attempt the activation again.

@vodka74  do as @JoyLuck  and @dude65 suggests. When you get to the credit card field :

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space). 

Here's 3 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
2.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
3. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

@vodka74 wrote:

Try again after 1 hour due to sim lock. If problem persists, contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

@vodka74 

I had the same message when my choose the number window timed out.

My sim was locked into that session and for an hour I couldn't activate. 

Try in an hour, this time clear your cache and use incognito, hopefully it will go through.

Where did you get your sim?

@vodka74 wrote:

If you want to PM me the SIM number ill try and enter it for you and let you know if it shows that its valid or not.

vodka74

vodka74

thanks i did check the sim number and counted it with 19 digit number

vodka74

thanks but i have not even reached that stage to charge as it wont let me go pass the screen as it errors out with invalid sim

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure you enter your PM sim 19 digit number correctly

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@vodka74 wrote:

cleared cache on browser and tried different browser..still same issue

Check your cc to see if it was charged. If yes put sim in phone and see if it works.

If no cc charge there is a sim lock after multiple attempts. Wait  1 hour and try activation again.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. 

Need Help? Let's chat.