cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increased monthly payment without any change to the plan

danielac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Why is my account showing that I will have to pay $28 in December instead of the $25 that I paid July-November when my plan has not changed? 

10 REPLIES 10

The tax is shown when viewing upcoming bill (Payment page) unless the account has a balance greater than what's due.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@danielac 

Before your next renewal instead of relying on autopay to pay your plan amount manually top up your account by paying your amount due (owing) for your next 30 days of service. When the option appears to download your invoice click on it. (It's the only time this option is presented to you by pm.) You will then have an itemized invoice of your plan payment plus any relevant taxes. Here is an invoice of the $15 plan+taxes....in bc.

It will include your name, address, phone number and account #.It will include your name, address, phone number and account #.

@danielac   it is not.

Tax ALWASYS added on top of the plan charge.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe you could provide an image of your payments screen.

Were you on a $5 promo of some kind before? Are you on the old rewards or new points?

Adding - taxes get charged at the credit card. The site always shows before tax except for receipts.

danielac

I paid $25 for my plan for the last 5 months, so the 12% BC taxes should already be included in those $25 should they not?

danielac

I am on automatic payment so no balance carrying and I have been paying $25/month for my plan for more than 5 months now so the $25 should include the 12% BC taxes, shouldn't it?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@danielac 

Recommend referring back to your payment card or credit card transactions to confirm the exact value that was charged each cycle.

The most likely culprit is lovely taxes we pay to our governmental bodies.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@danielac   That sounds like 12% (BC?) PSTGST tax that we all pay on top of the plan price.  If you've carried an account balance, then no you would have paid just the $25 plan bill as tax would already have been paid with a payment from a CC or voucher.

edit:  PM now shows the plan cost plus tax if viewing upcoming bill which wasn't available previously but you would have paid plan+tax either way.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@danielac   

Remember there is always tax on top .  So, your credit card should be always showing $25+tax  (around $28.xx?)

PM systems shows $25, but it add tax when it charges the credit card

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@danielac wrote:

Hello,

Why is my account showing that I will have to pay $28 in December instead of the $25 that I paid July-November when my plan has not changed? 

Since PM website has caches issue, so clear caches , cookies then using computer and private or incognito mode browser to login. For some mysteriously reasons, mobile device some times hard to login, so don't use mobile device to login.

When login, check it again.

You can chat with Simon for help,  if Simon can’t help, he would let you open a ticket.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Need Help? Let's chat.