cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming and outgoing calls don’t work!!!

flepore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

********* Edited by moderator 

I paid the account and the phone still not working!!! my son can’t make or receive calls!!! I will not pay my bill if he can’t use this service!!!

10 REPLIES 10

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Gotcha - and good point, I usually do it fairly early too so it's done

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@flepore  - you are talking to customers and members here on the forum, just like yourself.

Are you able to provide more information (no personal info. here though) and answer some of the questions being asked? These answers are helpful to know when trying to troubleshoot if this is a phone, SIM, account or network issue.

If the account status is Active, try the SIM card into another compatible phone to see if services work.

Check that the phone is not locked. If locked, contact the previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Check if your phone is not listed as blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If the account status is Suspended, and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Just pointing out that you don't have to wait until the last minute to pay your bill as long as you pay after the cutoff date for your next CC bill. Eg. My Visa cutoff date is the 13th of each month but my renewal date is around 23rd based on 30 days. If I pay on the 14th (9 days early of renewal date) then I will pay for the PM amount the following month Visa bill date. Hope this make sense.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You lost me, not sure your point here but I don't think we are talking about thrle same thing 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Funny why people pay their bill last minute. The CC will have a cutoff billing dates so it doesn’t matter if the bill is paid earlier.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Going forward you may want to manually pay the amount for renewal a day or 2 before so you avoid this situation in the future 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @flepore   You had a post last week about updating your credit card.  So, you are an existing customer?

you have updated the credit card already?   Did you make a manual payment after?  You need to make one to resume the service

If you did make the payment, can you check what is showing in the Available Fund?  Just want to see if it is just sitting there and not used to reactivate the service

And how much you paid?

Can you login My Account and provide a screenshot showing Available Fund and activate status? Make sure you cross out the name , account number , phone number and other personal info

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do not post personal information on a public forum pls. Also this is a prepaid service so you already paid. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is he on the $10 plan?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@flepore 

Are you a new customer? Can you log into self service and see what the Account Status is? Is it Active?

When was renewal date?

Have you tried rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling SIM card?

Need Help? Let's chat.