cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming and outgoing Texts are not connecting

jaykwarren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am having trouble receiving and sending texts. I have had this problem since I started with PM in April 2017. I am using an IPhone 5 and it seems to happen to both android and IPhone users. 

The problem may be related to the "waiting for activation" message. My PM number doesn't register with imessage.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

jaykwarren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have  followed your instructions and shut off facetime, imessage and rebooted. no go...I then did the reset of the Network, again not working. It still reply's waiting for activation. Under "Send & Receive" it says you can be "you can be reached by imessage at"... it shows my emails checked off with a check mark and my phone number is still searching. 

Any other suggestions or contact a moderator now?

cheers,

jaykwarren

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jaykwarren wrote:

Hello, 

I am having trouble receiving and sending texts. I have had this problem since I started with PM in April 2017. I am using an IPhone 5 and it seems to happen to both android and IPhone users. 

The problem may be related to the "waiting for activation" message. My PM number doesn't register with imessage.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi @jaykwarren,

This might be something to do with your phone (iPhone I assume). Before you contact the Moderators, try the following:

1. In Settings, go to Messages and turn off iMessage. Then, in Settings, go to FaceTime and turn off FaceTime. Finally, reboot your device and enable the two options again.

If the above still does not solve it, then try:

2. Reset your network settings (Settings > General > Reset Network Settings)

Report back and let us know if this helps.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@jaykwarren

You will need to send a message to the Moderators with your account details (name, email, phone number, pin) and they will be able to help you reset your password.

If so, you need to reach out to the @Moderator_Team for assistance.  To do that, click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

**Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.**

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.