cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone locked from mobile services

VnP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

On checking, Apple store verified that my phone's mobile services (talk, text ...) were blocked by service provider, i.e. Public mobile.

Could someone please have a look and advise?

Thanks,

VnP

7 REPLIES 7

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe the PM account lost stolen feature is activated. You can easily unblock it my going to your account page .

Kevinhandsome

you're phone problem blocked with a carrier, just go to any repairshop they'll help you remove it within 30 mins and cost about $30

VnP

Thanks all for your feedback.

Will have a look.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@VnP 

You can go to the Apple Genius store with proof of purchase that you are the original owner. They may help you in unlocking it.

Only the carrier that blacklisted the device can remove it from that list.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@VnP 

You can go to the Apple Genius store with proof of purchase that you are the original owner. They may help you in unlocking it.

@VnP wrote:

On checking, Apple store verified that my phone's mobile services (talk, text ...) were blocked by service provider, i.e. Public mobile.

Could someone please have a look and advise?

When a device is blacklist, the only person who can unblock the device is the person who originally owned it and requested that it blocked.  Unfortunately, Public Mobile would only be able to assist if they are the blocking carrier and also if the person who requested the block has it undone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@VnP , where did you source the phone?  When you say blocked by service provider, do you mean blocked from connecting to the mobile network?  I can only think of the phone being placed on the blacklist because it was reported as stolen or was not paid off when purchased on a tab from a carrier.  You can use the phone IMEI to check whether it has been blacklisted for use in Canada.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.