cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE no data or incoming calls

flaviuscons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Yesterday I switched to PM from Fido. I have an iPhone SE and for some reason it does not seem to work. I can make calls but I see No Caller ID on the other side. I cannot receive calls or browse the internet. The plan I got is for 3G data. I got a confirmation SMS that the switch was completed but after 10h still now data or incoming calls. 

Things i've tried:

- Update Carrier Settings - I got a prompt to update Carrier settings adn did it. In About i don't see any update

- Changed the APN as per the following post, however i only see Cellular data APN. The section for MMS and Internet Tethering is missing: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610...

- Restart the phone

- Remove and re-insert SIM

- Reset network settings

Please if anyone can help, i am currently without a working phone. 

11 REPLIES 11

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Congrats and welcome to PM!

flaviuscons

Thanks to all, @CS_Agent, tech support team. Issue is resolved now. 

flaviuscons

Doing a little bit more reading I found this post and it seems like i have the same issue. I didn't realize until now but I have only the Personal Hotspot APN. So maybe i don't have the correct carrier settings? Either way hopefully a mod can help soon. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-Data-or-APN-options-for-unlocked-i...

flaviuscons

@CS_Agent, anyone who can help? Thanks 

Raven_Jet
Well if it says in the instructions, you did good by following it. Remember if you go from Telus or Koodo, you need to use a different email address when registering. I would've done the same, they probably fixed it so it would work like that. But what I mentioned was a previous method we used. Or some people used.

Hi mods could you help out this young lad?

The reason why the pick a new number and then port (Koodo) is a seperate option is because Telus owns them as well, and they are sometimes complications in the porting process with Koodo/ PC mobile, so for those customers they should create a new number first, and then port over (I was from Koodo). Although some people who are not from Koodo can choose that route too.

Heres alink on how to contact mods:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

flaviuscons

Thanks. Unfortunately I followed the steps as described on the activation form and as mentioned before there were only 2 carriers (Fido was not one of them) where the suggestion was to activate and get a new number before porting the number. 

I didn't want to cause any headakes for myself and get in to issues by not following the steps so I did exactly as the form described. 

If the proper way to port is to get a new number and than transfer the existing one than the steps should probably be updated. 

At this time i have no phone and hopefully someone can help activate my number properly. I contacted the Mods and hope for a solution. 

Raven_Jet
Yes, but you should always complete the new registration first and make sure your plan is working first before port.

Right now since you did everything else, try to see if anyone you know has an unlocked phone to try.

Also, you probably want to contact a mod.

flaviuscons

I did not try yet the SIM in another phone. 

I followed the process from "Activate your SIM cart" on the main site. In that process there is the option to port the number and it only said to activate the SIM card and get a new number first if you are using Koodo and there was a nother carrier. Fido was not on the list.

So at the end of the process above the SIM card got deactivated for Fido and i got a message that the port was completed.  

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
Are you able to send and receive texts? Can you see if your fido sim is actually deactivated. Maybe it's stuck in a port somewhat

Edit; saw that you got the sms. Its early🙃

Raven_Jet
The only other thing I can think of is can you try the SIM card on another unlocked phone?

Before you ported to PM. Did you fully activate the SIM CARD with a new number and made sure data, text and calling worked before porting over Fido?
Need Help? Let's chat.