cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone RCS

bonezz82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I’ve found on another forum that RCS now works in Canada on Telus with iOS 18 beta 3. I still don’t see the option available with PM yet, so was wondering when they plan to enable it? 
I know Telus, Bell and freedom have enabled it, so I’d hate to have to jump ship if this is something PM feels they’ll look into later rather than sooner. 

10 REPLIES 10

IfeFrost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After dev beta 4, it works for me. 

IMG_1589.jpeg

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ArtieMack - May be like Freedom where it takes a couple days to activate. IMS status is SMS & Calls.

ArtieMack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The toggle is now available as of developer beta 4. I haven't seen it work yet.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bonezz82 - Cannot be for sure. don't see it but I am roaming in the US for now when beta 3 got released.

Still SMS & Calls only. Don't see RCS but maybe roaming has to play a part in it.

Why do you say Public Mobile will not play nice with RCS?  It's one of the feature updates that rolled out without glitches.  Android users like myself have had no issues using RCS to communicate with customers from every carrier brand in Canada.  The cork in the bottle is with iOS being in the stone ages and not adopting RCS.  They fear iMessage being disrupted. 

bonezz82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RCS is a new feature in iOS 18 beta 3 that allows iPhone owners the ability to send Android uses rich messages. This was not supported on IOS prior to this release, and it’s something the carrier must enable support for. PM could pretty easily “flip the switch” and have this working pretty quickly/easily, but I feel like they won’t as they might tote this as a premium service, so you can switch to Telus and pay for one of their plans if you want it now type thing. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bonezz82 , from what I can tell, it's a matter of RCS being rolled out into the iOS platform.  At the carrier level, Telus et. al. have adopted RCS for some time.  Android users have been enjoying the service for some time now.  It would not surprise me if you run a version of iOS with RCS on Public Mobile now it will work.  

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

only Telus and Bell have it at this time, and neither Rogers nor Videotron have it.  

Mint in US still not have that. AT&T postpaid has it but not prepaid.   I am not sure you will see it here soon

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @bonezz82 

you are that eager to talk to your android friend?

iPhone beta had screwed up PM's carrier profile once last year.  So , I would avoid beta myself.  For my Android friend, sorry, you have not talk to me so all these years, you can wait for anther month or two

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

As far as i know, @bonezz82  RCS-like services work.

Is it not simply iMessage for Apple and Chat for Android, or are you referring to something else?  (perhaps the RCS option is broader than the iMessage and Chat options ... )

Need Help? Let's chat.