cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5C not connecting to cellular. searching........

dalem10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My iphone 5C has been searching for a signal since noon today. Worked fine until then. I decided to turn it off and leave it in the car. 2 hours later came back and it started fine but no cellular signal. Edmonton area.

Did a restart, Hard restart, Reset network settings, and did a  Reset all settings. Still won't pick up a cell signal.

Never had this problem ever. Plan is paid and in good standing, etc. The phone is working fine with wifi. Just no text or phone calls (or internet away from home)

Thanks for any help.

dale

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dalem10 

There are no updates for the 5S in awhile but check if you have iOS 10.3.3 (latest for 5C). Go to Settings>General>Software Update.

If it is up to date then it maybe related to Telus outage. In this case, try powering down the phone, remove SIM tray wait 2 minutes then slide tray back and power on the phone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dalem10 

Do you have another phone to put your SIM card in? If so do so and power up the phone. Then put the SIM card in your phone and reboot. You may also need to reset your network settings afterwards as well and/or update your carrier profile.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dalem10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Imei checks out ok. I've owned this phone since new.

@dalem10 wrote:

My iphone 5C has been searching for a signal since noon today. Worked fine until then. I decided to turn it off and leave it in the car. 2 hours later came back and it started fine but no cellular signal. Edmonton area.

Did a restart, Hard restart, Reset network settings, and did a  Reset all settings. Still won't pick up a cell signal.

Never had this problem ever. Plan is paid and in good standing, etc. The phone is working fine with wifi. Just no text or phone calls (or internet away from home)

Some have been mentioning network problems in some Alberta locations.  I would check the status of your IMEI at devicecheck.ca just in case.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This has been happening a lot for many ppl. I know there were some issues in BC but hadn't heard about it in Alberta. If you scan below at many of the topics from even just today, you will see many posts with a similar issue and you can see some of the various options to try and resolve it.

Need Help? Let's chat.