Did you mean: 

i want to remove voicemail

Dboxtv4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

code please to dial

9 REPLIES 9

Dboxtv4

BETTER THAN THAT GCLICK OPTION 3 THEN 2 ADD EXTENDED GREEDING THEN ALSO CONFIRM OPTION 5 TO NEVER ACCEPT VOICE MAIL

FIVE ONE FOUR FOUR ZERO TWHO SIX ONE FIVE SIX

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One more question...🤔...

Is *004*8080000000# only for Public Mobile or will it also work for Koodo?...

FlutteringBy

thanks....👍...

@FlutteringBy wrote:

Can this be enabled at a later date?....

@FlutteringBy   
To reset it back to defaults, dial ##004#

FlutteringBy

Can this be enabled at a later date?....

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dboxtv4 wrote:
  • dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

NOTE:  I can confirm this configuration does indeed work, and prevents the caller from leaving a message. I walked through it to make sure I had the right directions, and then tested by calling myself from another phone.  When you dial in, it plays the extended absence greeting you recorded, and then a system voice says "Thank you for calling, goodbye." and the call disconnects.

In my test extended greeting, I said "Hi, this is <my name>.  Sorry I'm unavailable right now.  At this time, I am not accepting new messages.  If you need to reach me, please send me a text or email, or try me again later.  Thank you.".  But of course, say whatever you like in yours!

To return to receving inbound messages, should you wish to at a later date:

• then 4 to turn off your extended absence greeting

After doing this, your previous personal greeting goes back into effect automatically, and callers can leave you messages again. Yes, I tested this, since I wanted to restore the ability anyway. 

Hopefully this helps!

@Dboxtv4 wow you literally copied and pasted my entire post from here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M73059.  Could you not have just linked back to it?  Or at least acknowledge that you copied and pasted from me?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dboxtv4

fantastyic cool thanls

Dboxtv4
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

NOTE:  I can confirm this configuration does indeed work, and prevents the caller from leaving a message. I walked through it to make sure I had the right directions, and then tested by calling myself from another phone.  When you dial in, it plays the extended absence greeting you recorded, and then a system voice says "Thank you for calling, goodbye." and the call disconnects.

In my test extended greeting, I said "Hi, this is <my name>.  Sorry I'm unavailable right now.  At this time, I am not accepting new messages.  If you need to reach me, please send me a text or email, or try me again later.  Thank you.".  But of course, say whatever you like in yours!

To return to receving inbound messages, should you wish to at a later date:

• then 4 to turn off your extended absence greeting

After doing this, your previous personal greeting goes back into effect automatically, and callers can leave you messages again. Yes, I tested this, since I wanted to restore the ability anyway. 

Hopefully this helps!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dboxtv4 

To "disable" voicemail, on your dial pad dial: *004*8080000000#
This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

Need Help? Let's chat.