cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i entered the wrong MEID when transferring my current no. to PM

PMComm1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can i re enter the correct MEID? Virtual assistant could not give me the answer. 

5 REPLIES 5

@PMComm1 wrote:

How can i re enter the correct MEID? Virtual assistant could not give me the answer. 

It should be noted that there's no longer such thing as MEID. I'm aware that Pubilc Mobile sends a text message to customers givng that as a reason for failure when porting a number in, but neither MEID nor ESN are used anywhere in Canada.  So, if you look around for a MEID on your device, you won't find one. It's the IMEI that you need.  In addition, if you have the account number of the old carrier, the IMEI isn't needed either.

@PMComm1 

Which provider are you porting from? For porting from most providers the recommended info to  use is....

1. Full name on account.
  2. Phone number to be ported.
  3. Account #.
  4. Alternate phone #.(Optional and rarely used by pm to call you if there is a porting issue but it can be used as an additional verifier for your pm account and any number will do...)

PMComm1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks will13am, will try

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PMComm1 

Maybe you can contact the porting them and see if they can assist.  Check the Community inbox and I will send you the number

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PMComm1 , if there is any failures in submitting the number transfer, it has to be reattempted at the sending end.  Your current provider should be telling you that the number transfer request has failed due to incorrect information supplied.  If the correct information is supplied, you still have to authorize the number transfer via SMS.  There is nothing Public Mobile can do on the receiving end.  

Need Help? Let's chat.