Did you mean: 

how to activate STIR SHAKEN service

Babu2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to activate STIR SHAKEN service and block adds

7 REPLIES 7

thanks @umnikke8 

let me check mine, too

@umnikke8 , on my iPhone 14 Pro it has a check mark on incoming calls & says Calls with a check mark have been verified by the carrier.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And for clarification, this isn't something you activate, the network is doing all the work and sending notification to your phone of the results along with the call.

umnikke8

@hTideGnow my iPhone is several years old. Stir/Shaken authentication doesn't need anything special in hardware, it's just a software flag, so old phones shouldn't have any problem with it, just need a supported OS. I believe iOS 13 added support for it.

HI@umnikke8  what iPhone you got?  only the newest one has the feature, I think.  Not sure if iOS update helps older phone

umnikke8

I noticed my first few calls with the checkmark in iOS that indicate Stir/Shaken authentication has occurred. I believe this requires VoLTE to be used, the first one in my call history is from April 28. I think all iOS devices running VoLTE support Stir/Shaken, but all they do is put a checkmark in your call history to show it was authenticated. It's not used for call blocking and doesn't even show when a call is ringing. Someone else can chime in with Android support for it as I haven't kept up.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Babu2   I believe most phones on the market now still not compatible with STIR/SHAKEN

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/stir-shaken-mobile-devices-explained

Need Help? Let's chat.