cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long wait after activate online

linda0700
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated SIM CARD 24hr ago, but still can not call out, what should I do?

12 REPLIES 12

Incoming calls are usually the last thing to move over if transferring was attempted. It sounds like you did a transfer. What provider did you bring your number from? If it was a cell provider then you should have replied to a confirmation text from that provider on the old sim. If you missed this step then you'll want put the old sim back in a phone and call the porting help number to re-do the transfer. Then reply to the text.

@linda0700 wrote:

can receive text message, can not receive phone call

If you can receiving incoming text message on your PM SIM, then it is not a porting issue

When someone calls you , do they get to your PM Voicemail or voicemail on the old provider?

If you put your old provider sim to a phone, can you make calls with your old provider sim?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like it was definitely a port and probably didn't complete the steps. Will need to reinitiate the porting text, etc.

@linda0700 wrote:

Did you port your number over from another mobile company?

linda0700

OP has to answer basic questions first before we start bombarding OP with solutions.

Main question is: Did OP PORT number to PM?

@linda0700 wrote:

i can see public mobile signal , can make a call, but can not receive a call

@linda0700   if you cannot receive calls, I think you have ported your number into PM. Probably you missed to reply to the porting authentication text from your previous provider.

There is a porting support team you can call and talk to.  They can advise on the porting status, I will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon.

@linda0700 wrote:

@linda0700 

Did you also try to port your number over from another company? mobile line versus landline?

What about texting? Able to text out? receive text? 

Is data working?

If you did try to port your number, it might be a stuck port.

Again, did you port your old number to PM or this is brand new number you picked up while signing up?
What you described as symptom is usually associated with porting number; customer can call/SMS out but cannot receive calls as they still go to old number. Please clarify.

linda0700

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It should be within minutes.

Did you port your number by any chance?

Can you receive calls/SMS? Internet works?

If activation was successful you should see that your account is Active and credit card charged.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@linda0700 activation pretty much instant.  what error you see on the phone?  "No SIM", "SIM not provisioned", "No network"?

and you confirmed PM charged your credit card, i guess.

What kind of phone you have?  At least reboot your phone once more.  

If you have another phone, try your PM sim there and see.

If still not working, open a ticket with PM Support and they can confirm if there is any issue with activation

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.