cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is the promotional 3GB data being used

jqian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated a $25 with promo code FREE3GB. Now I see besides the regular monthly data there is a one-time 3GB data available. I am wondering how this promo data is being used in what order?

Particularly, is it used before or after the monthly data quota? when is it going to expire?

I saw my usage of monthly data is going up, but the this 3GB promotional data usage stays at 0, so that means it's not used at all or at least not before the monthly data?

7 REPLIES 7

mokshsoni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also, please keep in mind that its only one time 3 GB and doe not renew for upcoming billing cycles.

jenu22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@jqian  The one time bonus 3GB  does not have any expire date, once you ran out of your regular data plan between 30 days then this bonus 3GB will be use and the leftover of the bonus data will be carry forward's to the next month if you ran out again. 

bonus data will be carry forward unitll you used all of it.

hope that will help stay safe.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jqian It works like a data addon. It has no expiration date. The data will be start using when you finish your data of the plan. When the data of that promo is used up 100%, it will be gone from the account, and you will have only data of your monthly plan.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@jqian 

It should be used after your monthly allowance is exhausted

It has happened before however that similar promo add-ons were used before, that was a glitch and incorrect

If you do notice the error please contact moderators they will be able to fix it

Welcome to Publicmobile

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your plan data is used up first then the 3GB data would be used.  It would carry over to the next month until used up.

jqian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so this promotional one-time 3GB never expires?

I know bonus, i.e. if I sign up for auto-pay I get 500mb, expires every 30 days. How does this one-time 3GB work in terms of expirations?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jqian your plan data is always used first every 30 day cycle.  And the bonus data only kicks in when you run out of plan data and carries over until used up. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.