cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i can move my phone nu with rogers sim card to public mobile

afsanehrostami2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Now i have service with rogers with SIM card of rogers, I want to move my phone to Public mobile, and i want to keep my current sim card, how i can do it , 

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Sadly I just found out you cannot get vouchers at RCSS or presumably TMS anymore!! I will update my voucher threads shortly.....

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

Sleeping Beauty. Update pm has gone 100% online and has severely restricted the sale of sim cards to koodo and telus corporate stores and ordering from public mobile and their unreliable shipping times. And no you have not woken up to bizarro world or a weird parallel universe just the telus Borg telling us resistance is futile!

Thank you.

At somebody is awake in this heath.

I guess PM SIMs will become such rare commodity as honest politician?

Pssss. Man. I have PM SIM card, slightly used. $100 for you since you have beautiful eyes. I can split into 3 payments of $50 each. Great deal...

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@afsanehrostami2 

ensure that you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, and that you have followed the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message SMS reply YES
To given the approval to transfer your old number to new provider.

Activate Your SIM Card Online | Public Mobile

if not have PM  Sim Card (publicmobile.ca)

buy it from here 2 SIM for $10 plus tax.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Sleeping Beauty. Update pm has gone 100% online and has severely restricted the sale of sim cards to koodo and telus corporate stores and ordering from public mobile and their unreliable shipping times. And no you have not woken up to bizarro world or a weird parallel universe just the telus Borg telling us resistance is futile!

@Yummy wrote:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

- Purchase a new Public Mobile SIM card. You can order it from PM or any other retail outlet. Currently CCS (https://canadiancellsupplies.com/) has great offer for Public Mobile (free SIM, 20% first month). Walmart offers free SIM with activation in store.

- If you want to activate service by yourself then get just SIM.

- Have a payment card ready, either a Canadian credit card or Visa debit

- Decide what email address you wish to use on the Activation Portal – each account has to have unique email

- Seek a referral code from a friend or relative who may have active PM service - this will save each of you money. You can ask for referral code here if you care to receive $10 sign up bonus. Person providing referral code will receive 1 point as long as you are PM’s customer.

- Start process of creating PM self-serving account and enter all relevant and required information

Yummy_0-1659890533052.png

After account is opened and everything works as expected, initiate porting (transfer) of your Rogers number to PM.

Yummy_1-1659890613809.png

Really!!!! At least show us the URL for the CCS deal or even a PM SIM!! And what retail stores?🤪🤪

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

- Purchase a new Public Mobile SIM card. You can order it from PM or any other retail outlet. Currently CCS (https://canadiancellsupplies.com/) has great offer for Public Mobile (free SIM, 20% first month). Walmart offers free SIM with activation in store. Obsolete and incorrect info. Sorry! See @darlicious  reply for further sources of PM SIMs.

- If you want to activate service by yourself then get just SIM.

- Have a payment card ready, either a Canadian credit card or Visa debit

- Decide what email address you wish to use on the Activation Portal – each account has to have unique email

- Seek a referral code from a friend or relative who may have active PM service - this will save each of you money. You can ask for referral code here if you care to receive $10 sign up bonus. Person providing referral code will receive 1 point as long as you are PM’s customer.

- Start process of creating PM self-serving account and enter all relevant and required information

Yummy_0-1659890533052.png

After account is opened and everything works as expected, initiate porting (transfer) of your Rogers number to PM.

Yummy_1-1659890613809.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You need a PM sim if you want PM service.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You can’t. 

You need buy buy or get a free Public Mobile SIM card. 

You can port Rogers number to PM

What other reason do you have to keep the Rogers SIM card? 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@afsanehrostami2 Hi you need to go to a Koodo or Telus store and get a public SIM card or order online possible wait of three weeks, then you can activate online and transfer your rogers number at that time , make sure your rogers account is still active in order to transfer phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.