cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i keep my rewards loyalty plan but transfer a phone number registerd to sim

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

basically the number neds to be transferred to a home line and this number is with public--but i do want to keep the 2 years loyalty plan i just need a way to save the current number by transferring out while waiting for a new number and keep this public account opened

21 REPLIES 21

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

If its a bell number going back to bell then it's very do-able but all the work and onus is on bell wanting to retrieve the phone number once released by pm. Since you would control its release by using the change number feature in your account you would just have to get bell to agree to retrieve the number from the holding pool and co-ordinate its transfer to the landline account when you choose a new number for your pm account in your self serve account. The moment you confirm that you have chosen a new pm number the original bell number is released back to them by pm.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Any port out closes your PM account.

But your case is very specific. I would suggest to contact agent; they might offer you some suggestions if that is possible as you are not closing your account, you just want current number to be switched to another provider and you want to get new number.

So you say number was originally a Bell Landline and you plan on getting it back to a Landline with Bell. That means that you can start the order with Bell and tell them the number you want is a Bell number that is at Public Mobile currently. You will change your Public Mobile account to a new number which will release the Bell number back to Bell and this will all work if they are willing to go looking for it to attach to your landline. I don’t know how many hours, days or weeks it could take to return to bell though but that is where it will go. Not sure what sort of a mess you might be in while waiting for it.

Other possibilities… you know that “land lines” are frequently not really Central Office copper lines anymore, right? IE: you may have more luck with keeping it “in house” with Telus by getting a Telus Wireless Home Phone (Hub). It is effectively a cell phone hub that you plug a landline into and would presumably therefore be available in Bell incumbent area. PM may be more willing to release the Bell number to Telus for one of these Home Phone services and put a new number onto your existing PM account.

Yes there are some synergies between Telus and Bell but only in the background, not in the competitive front end of things.

AE_Collector

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

and i wont lose 2 years loyalty by just throwing away ----

not just the 2 years loyalty but the old rewards system as well.. all new activations will be on the new systems.  which no more loyalty rewards, no more autopay rewards..  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 : Define monopoly 🙂 . Original copper land lines are operated by a monopoly. Original coax cable is operated by a monopoly. Fibre lines are operated by a monopoly. It's about the physical infrastructure. I'm not sure any resellers in those infrastructure options still exist. Haven't looked in ages. After that...they're all competing over the air.

Those "monopolies" offer services over the air as well.

Bell originates out east so they dominate there. Telus originates out west so they dominate there. But they both have agreed to share their over the air infrastructure.

dboxtvinfo715

isnt bell landline big monopoly superior to telus and maybe i can go the telus way aslong as get a new number here with pm then i can proceed to instruct another transfer therof , i just want loyalty kept account open

dboxtvinfo715

well bell is sub telus---in my view and bell is a monopoly they can do as they wish so i enjoy this loop i am trying my best to satisfy 2 ckients one for bell lanline and same for pm, possibly adding another sim and i wont lose 2 years loyalty by just throwing away ----

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 : If the intent is to take the number to a competitor then I would say your chances are nil. This is common practice throughout the industry. Porting closes the account. Done. The extremely slim chance would be if you're moving it to another owned company. In this case Telus or Koodo. It's not about the address. It's the provider.

dboxtvinfo715

yeah well said--it seems imppossible as its a loop----but i an keeping the pm plan loyalty this customer would like it transfered to its originating landline before the transfer, its to keep pub;ic mobile for me , i can only wait time is free

dboxtvinfo715

bell from same house it camefrom originally its just seems impossible once tranferred that is possible but then i will lose my pm account what happens if i have no new number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 : There are several contributing factors as laid out previously. Many people like the idea of switching numbers around. But it's officially against policy. We have heard of rare cases where this was somehow accomplished. But I would venture to say your chances are extremely slim.

dboxtvinfo715

yeah i was not here often sorry but little confused thats cool tho

dboxtvinfo715

buonna fortuna, yes i will need it and all i want is to not lose the 2 year loyalty with pm, also help out transfer this number to landline originating to same address with bell before we transferred to pm

dboxtvinfo715

listen it can be transferred to its pre land line prior to yje transport to public from bell in montreal and will finish reading your long explanation but i will fight through i can wait --first i will keeo ypu posted 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Lol....3 rewrites later after that stupid warning in red about your request cannot be completed and then shot to the request entity too large error page on google until eventually I had to clear my browser and reboot thus dang tablet! You had time to write your entire post in the time it took me to finally get back on the community!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

What provider will be supplying the landline? If you choose telus then talking if the original provider of the current pm phone number is not a telus company then your only possible option in this scenario is to plead your case to hopefully a sympathetic CSA.

Explain that the number has to be on a landline and will be going to a newly created telus account. If and it's a big if the CSA agrees to go against pm policy I believe the process is to acquire a new unactivated sim card. The CSA transfers the pm account, plan and rewards to the account created with the new sim card and assigns a number to the newly created account.

This allows for the phone number on the old pm account to be ported out to the new landline provider. The only chance of a CSA agreeing to help is if the ported number is going to telus. That's very YMMV as it is.....do not even ask if the landline provider is the competition. Good luck. Or should I say Bonne chance?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Bottom line is you cant but there is some small possibility that you may be able to accomplish this with a lot of work. Don’t get your hopes up though, it will be very tricky to accomplish. Good info to know is who the provider of the land line will be and who the “owner” (what provider it originated with and is registered to) of the number you wish to transfer is.

For example, if your number IS a Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile issued number AND Telus will be your landline provider I would say you stand a reasonable possibility of accomplishing this. You would set up your order for the landline probably with a temporary number having them check that they can port in your existing number before you release it. If so then you would pick a new number from the drop down list at PM while already having Telus set to “find” your released number to assign to the new land line order.

But, if your existing number isn’t with A Telus company it just got much more difficult and maybe impossible. You may have to set up landline or a separate cell service with the original owner of the number if they WILL agree to look for the number AFTER you released it (which of course is much more dangerous) and then you stiff them after the work (not nice) by porting it to your land line provider unless they are one and the same.

ultimately you need to decide if his is really all worth it and you are still likely to run into problems and/or road blocks no matter how much effort you put into it.  JMHO  

AE_Collector

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @dboxtvinfo715 

no option to do that, when you transferred out your account will be immediately close..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not officially possible. What kind of home line and who with? If not Telus or Koodo then I would totally say not.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dboxtvinfo715 

When you port your PM number to a home line, your PM account is closed immediately.  Unable to keep the PM account unfortunately.  

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

I don't think this is possible, but you may be able to make some special arrangements by asking CS_Agent nicely in a private message (you may want to include all your account details for a speedy reply).

Need Help? Let's chat.