Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi looking for referral code to buy new SIM

ravi1777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

20 REPLIES 20

@will13am wrote:

I don't take sensorship lightly but I think it is time to move this thread into hiding.  

Marking Solution should help without the censorship. Think of each incorrect post as a "teaching moment".

teachable moment.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  @Anonymous  are you two not afraid the big bad referral cop is going to shake his stick at you two....?

@darlicious: For my part, I have not solicited anything, for my gain, in the open. In this case, not even soliciting...just replying to an invite.

So no, not afraid of anything.

Oh fearless one, on RFD, this thread would be deleted and the OP warned about the impropriety.  Other participants will be placed on the watch list.  BTW, welcome back to the community forum. 

While some may think that some Oracles are being strict, on some other websites, as @will13am was pointing out, entire threads get deleted, members are given formal website warnings, and even bans are sometimes handed out for even hinting at anything that could be interpreted as having anything to do wtith referrals.  I've seen messages deleted or warnings issued even for saying "contact me if you need help".  And honestly, the moderators on those sites are usually right about the person's intention when vague comments such as that are posted.

I'm not going to pretend that many aren't trying to get referrals through use of their codes. People aren't trying to stop that.  There are sites that are okay with such activity, but it isn't allowed here.

I don't take sensorship lightly but I think it is time to move this thread into hiding.  

@robingroovy41 wrote:

Hi, the code you posted turned into asterisks (stars *), so could you please send me a text at (705)******* or an email at **********@gmail.com with the code? Thank you

Edited by ShawnC13 to remove private information

@robingroovy41  Posting your phone number and email on the community ( a public forum) poses a security risk to your account and many other things in your personal life. Please avoid posting anything personal on the community for your own safety. Have a great day!

robingroovy41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, the code you posted turned into asterisks (stars *), so could you please send me a text at (705)******* or an email at **********@gmail.com with the code? Thank you

Edited by ShawnC13 to remove private information

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  @Anonymous  are you two not afraid the big bad referral cop is going to shake his stick at you two....?

@darlicious: For my part, I have not solicited anything, for my gain, in the open. In this case, not even soliciting...just replying to an invite.

Oh fearless one, on RFD, this thread would be deleted and the OP warned about the impropriety.  Other participants will be placed on the watch list.  BTW, welcome back to the community forum. 

While some may think that some Oracles are being strict, on some other websites, as @will13am was pointing out, entire threads get deleted, members are given formal website warnings, and even bans are sometimes handed out for even hinting at anything that could be interpreted as having anything to do wtith referrals.  I've seen messages deleted or warnings issued even for saying "contact me if you need help".  And honestly, the moderators on those sites are usually right about the person's intention when vague comments such as that are posted.

I'm not going to pretend that many aren't trying to get referrals through use of their codes. People aren't trying to stop that.  There are sites that are okay with such activity, but it isn't allowed here.

@hunterblack wrote:

Sorry,

was only trying to help a new user for a discount, won't post referral code in the future.

@hunterblack   I believe the community rules just forbid openly posting your referral code here, but you can always privately message users with your code offer (if they are asking for one), however, I believe OP here has already received several offers if you read the earlier posts.

hunterblack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry,

was only trying to help a new user for a discount, won't post referral code in the future.

hunterblack

Regards,

please feel free to use my referral code for your $10 rebate, basically covers your sim purchase. Wallmart was the easiest place for me. I'll be happy to help you with any questions you might have. 

Edited by ShawnC13: Removed referral code

@darlicious wrote:

I'm fine with that rule here, it could be quite the circus if lots of people were openly trolling for referrals. So far all of my referrals have been friends and acquaintances where I am also providing significant help and general PM info about switching over to them. 

AE_Collector

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ravi1777  Since you have yet to activate, suggest you peruse: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

Welcome aboard.

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Technically speaking solicitations for referrals is not allowed in the forums.  However what happens in private messages is private between the parties, unless it's an exchange of unpleasantries that is inconsistent with the terms of use of this community forum.  I hope OP will not treat the mountain of referral offers as unwanted harassment.  

Yes I am sure the OP will get several to chose from. Not that it matters, any one of them earns the OP the same $10. I mentioned that I had spare SIM cards in the 3Gb weekend promo topic in case anyone really wanted to jump on the promo but couldn't get to a store to get a SIM card by Sunday. My comment about it was removed after awhile when it really is just an offer to help out a person with the short 48 hour aspect of many of these Flash Promos. In the back channel I may or may not have collected a new customer referal for offering up my cards.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Are we interpreting your request correctly?

You don't need a referal code to buy a SIM card or even to activate a new account for that matter. Though having a referal code when activating a new account does get you a $10 credit that will show up in your account withi a couple of days or so and will be there to help pay your renewal in 30 days.

All existing customers have referal codes to give you but are not allowed to post then here. You can message someone privately for their code though.

AE_Collector

Well...if someone is going about inviting a referral code then it's fair game to supply it (back channel). Offering yours unsolicited (back channel) I think is rude and aggressive but I gather some do it. I gave the OP my referral code (back channel) as I'm sure a bunch here did, as it was invited.

Beyond these walls???... 🙂

Are we interpreting your request correctly?

You don't need a referal code to buy a SIM card or even to activate a new account for that matter. Though having a referal code when activating a new account does get you a $10 credit that will show up in your account withi a couple of days or so and will be there to help pay your renewal in 30 days.

All existing customers have referal codes to give you but are not allowed to post then here. You can message someone privately for their code though.

AE_Collector

fairchse

Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit!

Sharing is caring!
Tell your friends to use this code xxxxxxxxxxx when they activate with Public Mobile.

edited by comptuergeek541: referral codes are not allowed to be posted in public view in the message forums

@ravi1777 wrote:

@ravi1777 Please check your private messages.  Either way, if you know any friend or family member at Public Mobile, you can use their code.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ravi1777 wrote:

Do you have any frriends or associates who have Public Mobile ? Ask them for a referal code. If so, you'll score $10 and they get $1 for Friend Referal Reward.

Overview of Rewards

Who doesn't like savings? At Public Mobile, we don't stop at affordable phone plans. We give you multiple ways to save even more!

• Loyalty Reward: $1/30 days for each year you’re with us, up to $5/30 days.
  • AutoPay Reward: $2/30 days.
  • Refer a Friend: $1/30 days for each friend you refer – plus, your friend receives a one-time credit of $10.

Need Help? Let's chat.