cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have activated holiday giveaway but wondering about the validity period of 1 GB data and 400 interna

Punya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activated  both free holiday giveaways through self serve but wondering about the validity period of 1 GB data and 400 international call minutes.. I am unsure whether it will expire on holiday offer end date Dec 24,2019 or otherwise. would appreciate inputs from the community

10 REPLIES 10

jwds1978

@buiya wrote:

Do you know if the bonus data is "3G" speeds or is it LTE speed?  I noticed that for my plan, beside my monthly allotment it says 3G but doesn't for the bonus.

Data add-ons give you data at the same speed as your base plan. Specifically…

"Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed."

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@buiya wrote:

Do you know if the bonus data is "3G" speeds or is it LTE speed?  I noticed that for my plan, beside my monthly allotment it says 3G but doesn't for the bonus.

Mine is the same.  I would imagine that it would all be 3g speed since that is what I am getting. 

3G is slower then LTE speed from what a google search shows:

LTE network, it is still faster than a 3G network. ... In theory, LTE can be up to ten times faster than 3G. In practice, the actual network speed will vary based on network load and signal strength. Even if LTE does not meet its theoretical speed, it is still much faster than 3G

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Triguy wrote:

Both don't expire.  They will remain in your account and rollover to your next month until they have been used up.  If you have plan data then once it is used then the bonus data would be used.

Thank you, I was wondering about that too.  That is wonderful!  

Punya

Thank you so much. It was helpful Smiley Very Happy

Punya

Thats helpful info! Cheers and happy holidays everyone Smiley Very Happy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Both don't expire.  They will remain in your account and rollover to your next month until they have been used up.  If you have plan data then once it is used then the bonus data would be used.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Punya It won't expire until it's all used up!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Punya wrote:

I have activated  both free holiday giveaways through self serve but wondering about the validity period of 1 GB data and 400 international call minutes.. I am unsure whether it will expire on holiday offer end date Dec 24,2019 or otherwise. would appreciate inputs from the community

They will stay on your account until fully consumed.  The data is only used once all of your plan data is used during your current 30 days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JacobChris

I believe since they're add ons, they will carry over until used up! So you shouldn't have to worry about using them before a specific date, they just roll over. Hope that helps 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.