cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

@yeaddie Contact any of them by clicking the question mark bottom right and open a ticket.

yeaddie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, im new here.

I was wondering if you knew which moderator to contact about this because I have a similar issue

mokshsoni

I got free 5GB data too

@darlicious wrote:

But should we be revelling in our largesse or informing pm of their mistake before they distribute all the freebies?

If PM did make a mistake then I think it was likely the first SMS wording. Perhaps even before that, strategies (and promises) made before looking at how it would be implemented?

I'm not complaining, anyhow. It was a free gift, I chose "YES" and got what they chose to give, lol. Only the most ill-mannered of folks complain about the gifts they were given vs the gifts they wanted.

As for the largesse ... I think of it being less about displaying bling and more about displaying (to future google searchings) one of the advantages of being a customer at Public Mobile.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am in the same boat I wanted 1000 minutes not the data. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@banny wrote:

Same here. I got the 1GB and 1000 minutes offer and got 5GB today. Most would be happy, but I was really happy to get the minutes - I only get 100 minutes a month. Hard to complain when it's a bonus, but it's not what they texted me.

@banny In your case I would contact the moderators and explain that you were supposed to get the 1GB / 1000 mins. Should be easy for them to change it.

banny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same here. I got the 1GB and 1000 minutes offer and got 5GB today. Most would be happy, but I really wanted to get the minutes - I only get 100 minutes a month. Hard to complain when it's a bonus, but it's not what they texted me.

kevin9054

Me and my son both received the sms, but only my wife haven't receive the sms.  I don't know why?

dlb47

Our offer was different:

‘Public Mobile here. Make the most of our Canada-wide network with a gift, on us. Enjoy a free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 Canada-wide minutes. Just like that.

Reply YES by 24-Aug-2020 to opt in and get your gift.’

We replied yes.

My wife and I both received the 5gb the rest of you were offered today.

Suits us!

Thanks Public Mobile! 😃😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous 

Interesting the 200 Mb Data you purchased has exactly 1024 (1Gb) added to it that they gave you at some point. Strange these two got merged together, maybe they had the exact same name/title causing them to merge.

AE_Collector

A mod gifted a gig to me in thanks for my honesty about an incorrectly addressed pm. He just tacked it on to the 200mb I already had. Very nice. Un-asked for and all.

Update to my gifts:

main as reported - $10 plan - 1gb 1000 min - got text and replied and got confirmation

"data line" second account - $10 plan - 1gb 1000 min - no text, replied anyway and no confirmation

third account - $10 plan - 5gb - suspended got text anyway, replied, confirmation, reactivated before today, all there

Thank you again Public Mobile.

@darlicious I wasn't even offered this promo, replied/sent a text "yes" anyway, never got a text back so i assumed oh well. Low and behold my $15 plan was topped up with 5GB. Go figure.

PS: I'm fine if they decide to "correct" this.

@Korth 

Weirdness......both my accounts  the $10 and my $15 plan recieved the 5gb data add ons. I can't complain especially the one with 5gb of 4G data. But should we be revelling in our largesse or informing pm of their mistake before they distribute all the freebies?

@AE_Collector 

Both of mine recieved it within 30 seconds of each other.

@TIANRUI 

Assuming you both received and responded to the offer.... they are in progress of adding the gifts now. One of my accounts has received it and the other hasn’t yet.

AE_Collector

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I've got the $15 plan

Screenshot_20200822-131727.png

Capture.PNG

Strange.

I actually would've preferred 1GB + 1000 minutes vs 5GB. Since, as you can see, I tend to use this number for Talk more than Data, lol. But whatever, it's a nice little addition to my growing collection of unused freebies.

[Edit: Thanks again, Public Mobile!]

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Lowufo 

Too bad there isn’t a trading desk / bartering system here! Could be fun!

AE_Collector

It will be nice for the old senior subscribers using a flip phone to trade the data add-on for minutes add-on.  They have 2x 1GB from 2019 and 1x 1GB from2020.  It may not stop here...

It would be nice to transfer the trapped data add-ons to the family members account.

TIANRUI

my account have got the 5G free add-on. how come my wife's account doesn't have it? her account has stayed more than one year as well.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hc wrote:

My plan is $30 but I received 1GB/1000min instead of 5GB of data.

Can PM help me fix that?

@hc   You'd need to submit a ticket to moderators and I'm sure they will be able to give you the correct bonus, although from reading some of the posts it looks like some have received the 5GB data instead of the 1GB/mins as originally thought. 

Click this link to submit your ticket via SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Watch - tomorrow, everyone who responded will also get 1000 minutes and maybe another 1GB.  😁

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hc

Too bad we could not trade I received the 5GB but wanted the 1000 minutes and 1GB 😯

dabr
Mayor / Maire

I also just got the text about the bonus being applied and see 5GB data (on a $15), but this account never received the text.  Nothing on the other active, or suspended account (only one to receive the offer).   I might add some funds to activate that account to see if that makes a difference if nothing happens by the end of today.

Thanks PM for the free data on one account at least.

hc

My plan is $30 but I received 1GB/1000min instead of 5GB of data.

Can PM help me fix that?

@frank44 

Yes exactly, its yours until you use it all up. A good back up to your included data.

AE_Collector

@gwhitema 

Careful talking about Walmart here!

AE_Collector

frank44

I just got the message that the 5GB is in my account and yes it's there. I'm on the $25 plan that has 500MB + 500MB (but paying a few $ less for the first 8 months due to a promo from around January).

The 5GB I assume will stay there until used up, and not expire at end of month. So it is a nice reserve.  I normally use almost no cellular data as I'm usually at home on Wi-fi, but the extra data will be good if I'm at some other location and need internet access.

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AE_Collector Yes I did send YES to that number. I was curious what would happen. I didnt get a response back either. And now I claimed 5GB of data. 

No im still banned. Moderators won't get back to me.

At least I got 5GB. Im going to treat this as a sorry gift from PM for my bad experience at Walmart and me getting banned.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lowufo wrote:

None of us really use the data as we find it too slow so the first offer of 1GB and 1000 minutes would have been a better gift.

Use Google Hangouts for outgoing calls, and if you've verified your phone number, it'll show up as your calling number, but consume your data!  I don't find the data too slow, and it's definitely more than adequate for voice.

@gwhitema 

Did you send YES to 5179 just for the fun of it?

You still banned as well?

AE_Collector

A report from someone confirming the first gift has arrived?

Well then I suppose it's already time to start talking about the next gift.

I'll just send "YES" to 5189 well in advance to make sure my reply gets processed.

@Lowufo 

Too bad there isn’t a trading desk / bartering system here! Could be fun!

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.