Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

didi not get wifi in Whistler, bc

dsze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Can you give us some more info and clarify what you mean exactly.. Whistler shouldn't have any issues

corysgraham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in whistler a few weeks ago and there is both solid Wifi around, as well as solid data coverage in Whistler and the surrounding areas.  If you go up the mountain on say the peak to peak chair or are in the backcountry then no, you will not have service, but neither will any of the major service providers out there.  I would try restarting your phone, clearing cache, taking out and re-inserting SIM card.  I am going off of both assumptions that you meant data when you said Wifi, o you actually mean Wifi. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dsze   if your "Wifi" actually means Mobile data, then PM actually has coverage in Whistler, bc.  

Are you right at Whistler or just close to there?  if you are just close to there, how far away you are?

try to reboot your phone or try to reseat your sim card

Important thing, login to My Account and see if you still have data left.  If you see there should still be data, check if your phone has set with data limit and maybe you have reached the limit you setup on your device

@Timer wrote:

@will13am 

maybe OP call Wi-Fi is mean data service.

You might be right but I have to take what is written literally.  It is totally possible for a phone to connect to a non functional WiFi which blocks mobile data.  This actually happens to be all the time when I am a house or two away from home.  The phone will connect to the home WiFi but there is not enough signal strength for reliable data transfer.  Mobile data is disabled by the WiFi connection.  Sometimes I have to turn off WiFi on my phone when talking to the neighbors.  

@will13am 

maybe OP call Wi-Fi is mean data service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dsze , I don't believe Public Mobile is responsible for providing WiFi???  They provide mobile data.  By chance did you connect to an unauthorized WiFi and blocked mobile data from working?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dsze 

Check the status of service outages 

turn off device take out SIM card and reinsert back turn on,

reset network settings
and check  APN Settings
tried manually selecting network 3G only or WCDMA only
and rebooting device.

Need Help? Let's chat.