cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data???

kN0th3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

May 4/22 - I rec'd  611 warning about my data last week shortly after I signed up for internet on my phone for $35.00. The internet was used, but not for long. We don't live on it. 

On this site it says my plan is: 

"$35 for unlimited Canada-wide minutes + 2.5GB data."    So why the warning? Do I still have lots of data left? 

according to my phone data, it says "275mb of mobile data". does this mean both internet & text & talk? I find this confusing. Am I right on this and I'm OK? Why did that warning come up. 

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kN0th3d 

Look at the data tracker tool on your phone. Does it have a large blip in the last day or so? Are any of your apps showing large usage? There was another customer reporting a similar sudden large data usage incident. It could be an odd system glitch causing a large unknown data usage incident. Contact customer support and inquire about a data system glitch. If thats the case they will reset your data counter.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

To answer the question, " does this mean both internet & text & talk? " The warning will be for data only if you have unlimited text and talk. Unless you purchased US minutes and are using those up as well. As others have said the best thing to do is go into your self serve account and see if you have used up data. Some times a few youtube videos on 1080P HD will consume a boat load of data. Since I switched to public I lower the quality of all my apps so that they don't consume my data. Small Public hack. 

The warning would have come up either by mistake, wich I have had in the past. Or because you in fact are running out of data.

Naepalm 

back from the grave....

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kN0th3d   Log into your self serve account and check how much data you have available (under My Data/Add-ons).   Calling and texting will not use up any data but maybe your phone settings are allowing updates to be done via data instead of WIFI only?  You should take a look at your phone settings and also restrict background data.   Your phone's data usage needs to be synched to the start of your renewal every 30 days to get a more accurate reading of your data usage. 

It's always possible there was an issue on PM's end if you feel your data usage is way off from your actual usage.  If you feel that is the case, then submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot and they can take a look at your account.  Here's link to the chatbot:   https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It might be that your phone did a bunch of sync'ing with clouds and OS and apps when it saw the new connection. Did you set up autopay? That should get you another 500mb. Did you use a promo code? That might have got you another 2gb. Did you use a referral code? That would have got you $10.

Yes the my data & add-ons would be the most accurate. You would need to sync your phone data counter to the 30 days of this place.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Don't trust your phone data counter.

Always check trough self-serving account how much data is used/left. What does it says?

Sometimes SMS from 611 is not accurate.

You do not have to be heavy Internet user but if you keep data on all the time OS and pesky apps will be happy to use data whenever thy can.

Need Help? Let's chat.