cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer support

rjsdesign1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm so frustrated. I've been a member of public for a few years.  I want to activate an account for my parents, but it seems I have to download the App in order to complete the application? I posted this once before and someone agreed that it is necessary, but it's problem as my old iPhone doesn't seem to register the QR code.  Can I simply activate the account without downloading the App?

5 REPLIES 5

It is clear, finally, that the explanation you so clearly shared is intended for a brave audience, who somehow understands all the jargon, and protocol, not to mention procedures in order to have the right to pay in exchange for a service.

Already, the burden was slowly transferred when the singing cowboy was replaced with an auto message as we dialed 611. And so now, if tech is not in your DNA, you are not a good fit for service from PM. Spend your money elsewhere or waste your time waiting for resolutions and results

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @rjsdesign1 

There is no need to download the app on their phones. Just use the app on your phone to sign them up. This will be a small aggravation but it will work. FYI, this also depends on their phones as well, if they are too old for PM they may not function correctly. But this is how you do it. Go into your settings, find Applications, go to the PM app and clear the cache then clear the data. Reboot the phone. Then open the app and sign them up. BTW, take your SIM card out of the phone. Then when it's time, place their SIM card into your phone and once they are signed up, take out the SIM card and transfer to their phone. You may need to reset their network settings though and reboot. You'd need to do this for both parents... the clearing of cache then data. Then once you've got them both signed up, then you do it again, clearing cache and data then rebooting. Then sign back into your own account again. Make sense?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rjsdesign1 , here is the link to the Public Mobile app on the app store.  The phone has to be running iOS 13 or later.  

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/public-mobile/id1645306824

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @rjsdesign1 are you only activating physical sim for your parents?? how old is your iPhone? you don't need the QR code to download the app, just go to Appstore and search Public Mobile.

And if trouble and you have a newer iPhone, you can use that to download and activate for parents and uninstall later after the activation is completed

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried downloading the PM app from the App store? It should be available there without using the QR code

Need Help? Let's chat.