cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card

rboydsmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate my new account but it will not accept my credit card. 

Simon says to not use any symbols or PMB's or suite numbers in the address which I tried,  but then it does not exactly match my credit card address.

Is there another way for Public Mobile to accept my credit card?

12 REPLIES 12

@canucktfi 

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address "exactly" as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

If you need to contact a moderator:

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

canucktfi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've actually had similar issues. Parent's account, 2 separate accounts, using their TD Visa, worked fine for a while, then stopped working. Reregister the CC again and still doesn't work. Tried one of their Mastercards, still didn't work. Used my credit card, TD Visa or Captital One MC and both work fine. Tried again today and both their visa and MC cannot be registered. There must be some address issue screwing it up, no unit name, no house number, no hyphen????  Their cards work perfectly fine for other vendors autopay, utilities, internet etc. Only Public Mobile seems to have an issue.

Have to spend today trying out different address layouts, street, unit number, unit - street, unit street, just street etc. fun!!!!

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rboydsmith 

I can understand your frustration with this. You can try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies.  If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank. Also if you have a middle name/initials put in the last name field box if your statement is all capital letters then use all capital letters don't use any spaces between the postal code. It could also be a fraud alert is blocking this purchase. You can get a payment voucher from stores near you that sell gift cards

Ben11222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would start a service request with a mod they would be able to help you

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If having Autopay rewards is important to you, you can add any credit card and use payment vouchers to pay as @hairbag1 mentioned (they can also be bought at Walmart!) instead of charging that card.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rboydsmith...if your cc problems persist, consider getting a payment voucher to activate the new account then deal with cc issue later. Canada Tire and Shell gas stations have them as well as many other retail outlets. If you do get a voucher, check that it's "activated" right away...some of them aren't until several hours after sale. If you're out west, London Drugs would be a good source for the vouchers too.

Good luck.

Atlantis7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you changed your address on your financial institution as recently as a couple of days ago, enter the old address that you had on file.

Cheers.

@rboydsmith When entering credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space). 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rboydsmith 

The address you enter must match exactly the address your financial institution has on file.

Do you have an apartment number? You must leave the apartment field blank, but you can add it to your address line
e.g. 1-123 Main Street

If issue persists, you can write here again with your results.

Remember to use a referral code when you activate and you'll receive a $10 credit. 🙂

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rboydsmith Good morning what type of cc is it, it must have a Canadian or American based address if you are able to purchase a voucher in the meantime you can try later in your self serve account to add it if you still need asssistance contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rboydsmith 

• if you have a middle name/initials put in the last name field box
  • if your statement is all capital letters then use all capital letters
  • don't use any spaces between the postal code

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.  If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.