cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change phone number

mehranmirshafie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I have a phone number with (604) as area code in Vancouver- BC. please let me know how I will be able to change my number w/o changing area code. 

14 REPLIES 14

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whistler area has only 604 area code.

As 604 is older area code, it fills up very quick if any number gets released. 

Try @darlicious  way to search. 

I see no point posting 'answer' 12 hours after bunch of people already assisted.

I understand that that increases post counts leading to bigger reward but still there should be common sense applied.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mehranmirshafie 

Changing Your Number 

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated.

To change go to your Self Serve Account here link, and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

@sunflowershine 

Yes there are very few areas you can still get a 604 area code phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunflowershine : So as you may or may not remember, but for all readers, BC started out with 604. Then 604 was narrowed down to the south coast and the rest was 250. Then 778 came out covering the whole province. Then the same with 236.

As darlicious mentioned, Sechelt happens to be a local call in the Lower Mainland calling area. It's like border to the mountains, Aldergrove to Pender Harbour. There happen to be some 604 numbers still available out of Sechelt.

sunflowershine

@mehranmirshafie BC has different area codes other than 604. I have phone numbers started with 236, 778. They are also BC's area codes. There is no guarantee of having 604 in those choices. 

@NDesai 

Hmmm....I have gotten some referrals 212 numbers that were very easy to remember. One just released back in the pool is 212-1712 should be available in about 90 days!

@darlicious wrote:

@NDesai 

Why don't you try my suggestion.....or did you not read it?🤔

I am surprised Sechelt is included in local calling area. You are right, lots of 604 numbers available, but hardly any that is easy to remember. 

@NDesai 

Why don't you try my suggestion.....or did you not read it?🤔

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mehranmirshafie You can login to your self-serve account and change your number. However, phone number with area code 604 likely won't be available. Even if there were a few available, they would prioritize for new customers. Try changing the city to New Westminster or anywhere in BC. If you get a number from a city much farther than Vancouver, some people with local area calling won't be able to call you. Now a days, not many people have local area calling. 

lol

@LeePublic 

Your arrow is pointing to the change sim card function not the change number feature.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mehranmirshafie 

Your best option when you go to the change number feature in your self serve account is to choose SECHELT. This keeps your phone number in the Vancouver local calling area and has area code (604) phone numbers available. Just switch back and forth to another area to refresh the selection of 5 numbers available to you.

LeePublic

I guess you could try this but first, check this website:

https://www.destinationvancouver.com/plan-your-trip/travel-tips-tools/phone-codes/#:~:text=The%20604....

@darlicious thanks for catching that! 😁

change num.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.