dahall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to change my emaIl address for both community and account

6 REPLIES 6

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@dahall wrote:

Hi @dahall I hope you have already contacted a moderator using the links already provided above.  If you haven't do it now, as only the moderators can help you this is issue.

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

You will have to prove you own this account.  You need your PIN number to verify this is your account.

or....

You can provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address
  • Email address
  • Alternate phone number
  • Date of birth
  • Last top up date & amount

Note that before you will connect with your new credentials you will need to clear the cache & cookies on your device.   https://bit.ly/2AYhY2a

After you successfully changed your self serve email address, log in your community account, click your avatar, select "My Settings", then "Personal", change your email address, and Save.

Please keep in mind that your Community and Self Serve email address must be the same, so if you earn a Community Reward, you can get it applied to your account.

I hope this helps

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dahall : When they say that they have completed the self-serve change, try the Forgot your password? function to see which inbox it goes to. There are two email addresses in accounts. One is internal, the other is login. Password resets go to the internal. Or just ask to be clear to change both.

Additionally, the email address that is linked to the community also has to be the same case as that in the self-serve.

I don't think anyone would be willing to sacrifice rewards to test which of the two self-serve addresses is linked.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dahall 

You've received the proper direction on how to change both email addresses.

I would recommend waiting until Public Mobile changes your self-serve email address before you update your community email address.

That way should you need to communicate in the interim the addresses still match for ticketing purposes. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To change your self serve email submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dahall wrote:

@dahall   You need to contact moderators if you want to change your login email for the self serve account.  Community email can be done by yourself under your profile, click your avatar to make the change, but make sure you have the same email for both accounts if you want to receive any community forum participation rewards.

Submit a ticket to moderators via chatbot and follow prompts here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if chatbot ticket is unsuccessful is to send a private message to Moderator_Team here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@dahall wrote:

Community e-mail address can be change in My settings. Click the avatar to get there.  Changing e-mail address for self serve account neeeds a moderator. Click the chat bubble to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.