cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant receive phone calls

spanishpaola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activate my sim card, i can lg in n problem, i can make phones calls, but i cant receive any phone call, i think the activatiton is no complete from my other provider, this is normal?? how logn does it take to have the activation complete?

8 REPLIES 8

Ian_Johnston
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

replying to this message as the topic is pertinent to my issue but not sure if this is the right place to get an answer.

i changed my number yesterday and can send and receive texts and make outgoing calls but when others call me they get an error code

"8UV2 your call cannot be completed as dialled"

help...

Ian

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You make a good point @srlawren about getting the most updated information.

Honestly I didn't think about that one, but it does make a lot of sense. Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm glad to be able to continuously learn from others. Thank you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jarvar wrote:

Thank you @srlawren for your input.

I didn't know which one was more helpful. Sometimes I found it more helpful when I had the instructions right there in front of me instead of opening a link to a different page. When I first contacted the moderator, I had to go around hunting for it so I thought if people could get the information directly it would facilitate their receving assistance. However, I'll keep what you said in mind for future posts. Thank you for your guidance.

@Jarvar no worries.  I used to have a lengthy macro that I would use that inlcuded most of those details but the problem is that over time if the moderator hours change or something about how to contact them changes, we end up with all these posts with outdated data.  By linking to the How to Get Help, anyone stubmbling upon the post later should always end up on the most updated info (assuming they continue to update the KB article).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jarvar

Thank you @srlawren for your input.

I didn't know which one was more helpful. Sometimes I found it more helpful when I had the instructions right there in front of me instead of opening a link to a different page. When I first contacted the moderator, I had to go around hunting for it so I thought if people could get the information directly it would facilitate their receving assistance. However, I'll keep what you said in mind for future posts. Thank you for your guidance.

srlawren

@Jarvar we appreciate you being helpful, but in the future could you please just post a link to the How to Get Help knowledge base article (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745) rather than copying the whole thing into your reply?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jarvar

Welcome to Public Mobile @spanishpaola

Usually you can tell when a number transfer is complete when the old SIM loses its service. If you still can't receive calls, then it would be good to contact the Moderator directly for assistance. I had this issue once where I could make phone calls and send texts, even access data, but I could not receive phone calls. Phone calls went directly to the Voice Mail of my previous carrier.

If you contact the moderator with your PIN which you setup when you activated and a detailed message about the assistance you require, they can help get your issue resolved fairly quickly.

Here's how to contact the Moderator directly through private message about your personal account.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.fig2.png

When are Moderators available and how long till I get a response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time.

How do I know if a Moderator has looked at my question or responded?

Once a Moderator has opened your support ticket, they’ll send you a private message asking you to authenticate your account information. You will need to provide your account number and PIN to validate your account information. You can find this message by clicking on the envelope icon.

If you have not changed your account settings since creating your Community account, you will automatically receive email notifications when someone has sent you a private message. To modify this, just click on your Community avatar, then on ‘My Settings’, then navigate to the ‘Preferences tab’, then select ‘Private Messenger’ and checkmark the box beside ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages”.fig3.png

Are there any questions that always require a Moderator?

There definitely are, and here are some examples of when to contact Moderators directly:

• There’s an issue with your Public Mobile service that prevents you from using your phone to make calls, a feature is bugged, or if earned Rewards aren’t showing up.
  • You’ve ordered a SIM card online, it’s been more than 7 days, and you haven’t received it yet.
  • You would like to change your Self-Serve email address, or make other Self-Serve account changes that you are unable to do yourself.

To learn more about our Community, click here.

srlawren

@spanishpaola it can take a few hours for a number port from another cellular provider to complete.  If you still can't receive calls in a about 3 hours, reboot your phone and try again.  If at that time you still can't receive calls, check out this link for how to contact the moderator team for help:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

@spanishpaola wrote:

I have just activate my sim card, i can lg in n problem, i can make phones calls, but i cant receive any phone call, i think the activatiton is no complete from my other provider, this is normal?? how logn does it take to have the activation complete?

Did you request that Public Mobile transfer in a phone number from another carrier?  If you did, incoming calls will only start working after the number transfer is complete.  And if that is the case, all incoming calls will keep going to the old service until that time.

Need Help? Let's chat.