cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant connect to internet

johnguenther
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a new sim card and I still can't connect to the internet unless it is on wifi

23 REPLIES 23

@johnguenther so, your old sim card still works ?? if you check My Account using Incognito mode, chexk profile page, is it showing the old sim number or new??

either way, I think you should open ticket with PM support if you have not done so

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

johnguenther

I changed the sim card in the phone that didn't work. When I put the sim card that works into the other phone it will work in that phone but the new sim card doesn't work in either phone. I changed the sim number in the proper account but it will now say that the sim card is locked

johnguenther

The new sim card doesn't work in either phone. I requested the change sim card in my account

@johnguenther wrote:

the carrier profile shows public mobile and we it works when I text  his phone. When we put my sim card in his phone it works but does not work in my phone when I put the new one in it. I changed the sim card number on his account

@johnguenther  - I am a little lost, so i'd like to try and understand.

When you said new sim card, was this a new public mobile activation; or an existing account that you lost/damaged a current sim card and needed to replace it?

So the question remains...are you new here or have you been here a while.

I'm concerned about you changing sim numbers.

What have you done? It sounds like you needed to change sim on your account...not your friend. From the top, what did you do with your new sim?

@johnguenther wrote:

the carrier profile shows public mobile and we it works when I text  his phone. When we put my sim card in his phone it works but does not work in my phone when I put the new one in it. I changed the sim card number on his account

HI @johnguenther , 

"When we put my sim card in his phone it works but does not work in my phone when I put the new one in it. "

one second, you have went into your My  Account and requested Change sim card , right?  you need to do that to tie your new sim card  with your account

If you did , so, basically the new sim card works in another phone? but just not yours?

johnguenther

We have done all these things. I haven't used the community for help before

johnguenther

@johnguenther 

So, text and voice calls working just no data?

Is that an iPhone that you have or Android?

If  iPhone, then make sure the carrier profile is updated

if Android, can you give a screenshot of the APN settings?  there are many entries and they are all important.  An extra space could screw up 

And, you have another phone to text your sim card?

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@johnguenther 

you still not work,  open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

johnguenther

I can do both just no data

And of course you turned cellular data on? Assuming Safari, is it set to be able to use cellular data?

Adding - are you new here or have you been here for a bit?

Remember

@johnguenther 

see what your brand phone and see all info about 

APN Settings (gishan.net)

johnguenther

I have data with my add on

johnguenther

sp.mb.com

Android or iOS? I suspect APN settings.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

What are the current network settings?

Remember

@johnguenther 

Login to your account ay data left, or you used all.

johnguenther

yes

johnguenther

Yes, I just can't use the internet other than wifi

johnguenther

I did that and it still doesn't work

Remember

@johnguenther