cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send text messages

oynah99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I can receive text messages ( sms), but when I send or reply to text messages , the recipients do not receive them. 

I have removed my sim card and try it on another phone, I still am not able to send text messages (sms)

Please advise, thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oynah99 wrote:

Hi

I can receive text messages ( sms), but when I send or reply to text messages , the recipients do not receive them. 

I have removed my sim card and try it on another phone, I still am not able to send text messages (sms)

Please advise, thank you

Had you purchased and used a US roaming texting add-on? Is it somewhere around it's expiry?

@oynah99 

By any chance did you just recently port over to Public Mobile? On some Android phones after porting over, text messages cannot be sent if there is an existing messsage thread with a convrsations with that person.  If that's the case, the solution is delete the thread and to start a new one, but note this will delete any information in the messsages to and from that person.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

His about this?  

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to contact a moderator by clicking? and following instructions, if isssue persists.

@88cranston wrote:

@oynah99 wrote:

Thank you

My phone is Samsung A 50.

All persons I try to send text do not receive them

Try this

That link is for MMS @oynah99  cannot send SMS not the same.

88cranston

@oynah99 wrote:

Thank you

Try this

oynah99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@oynah99  Go into settings Apps select the app you use to send messages, clear cache and data and then select force stop. Restart your phone and try sending a text to see if it works.

88cranston

@oynah99 wrote:

Hi

My tel no. is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I have a 25$ monthly plan with Public Mobile.

Please advise, thank you

Do you have an iPhone?

Do who you text to have iPhones?

If iPhones are you texting to a phone number or email address?

edited by computergeek541: personal information removed

GR
Mayor / Maire

@oynah99 you should remove your phone number from this public community by clicking on the 3 dots to the right of the post and click edit!  What kind of phone is it?  Does nobody receive your text or just 1 person?  Could be that they have your number blocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.