cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelled plan and sin card can use again?

angel5711438
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i used to have mobile plan , but cancelled 3 months ago, now can i use them back with same sin card ?

14 REPLIES 14

@wetcoaster 

Who knows who the OP will pick for the solution? @Dunkman repeated nearly verbatim my reply earlier on data speeds with the only difference was the small print reference. He used the new "4G" plan speeds and I used the old "4G" plan speeds small print. His post was 6 or 7 minutes after mine but the OP chose his answer as the solution. I'm just saying the quality of your answer is just as valid.....it "earned" a silver!! I'm normally a classic Canadian finisher in 5th place!! 😀

The quality of a lot of gold medal finishers around here lately is not anything to write home about?

@wetcoaster- I wouldn't worry about it. You and Dunkman were at the same minute. And that was 6 minutes after the OP. Happens all the time. It's the repeat posts later afterwards that I think are the problem.

@darlicious wrote:

@wetcoaster 

It was a virtual photo finish. Silver is still pretty good! 🥈😀

@darlicious 

It's not really about being first - it's about the reality that I don't see the point of replicate posts.

I started my reply because there seemed to be no post* yet. I feel what I typed is providing accurate information in a relatively concise manner - however, as the community page finally updated, it was already obsolete. I had just wasted my time to sound like a broken record / fraud who is just repeating other's solutions.

I really have to go back to "read-only mode" here - I am too slow for proper posting.

* I didn't notice the OP's other thread until later.

@wetcoaster wrote:

Edit: I swear, there wasn't any reply when I started typing or hit send - besides me being slow there must be a lag in the community refresh rate as well. Sorry for the duplicate information!

It is not you, it is 'others' 😋😎

There are few extremely dedicated and knowledgeable people who are so **bleep** fast replying. I guess just few of them can do all 'support' but nevertheless the rest of us get a chance to reply first from time to time.

Idea is to provide quality support; everything else - who is first or last  - is minor.

Edit: have to be careful what words I use even though one I used above is very legitimate and used in positive manner.

No. Cancelled accounts are gone forever. You would need new SIM and start process from the scratch.

BUT if your account is just suspended less than 90 days then your account is still 'live' and what you have to do is just pay for the next month and continue using PM sevices.

@wetcoaster 

It was a virtual photo finish. Silver is still pretty good! 🥈😀

@angel5711438 

Please review your other post.

If you cancelled you PM account then the SIM is rendered useless and need to pickup a new SIM and new number.

Canadian Cell Supplies have them on sale for $4 with fast shipping online.

@angel5711438 @Thats what I meant in your last post about the 90 days to resume your service 

Can you elaborate on that "cancelled"? What exactly did you do?

- if you just stopped payments and it's been less than 90days (realisticly 89...) since the last term of service ended, you are still able to log into your account and can resume service by adding funds and reactivating service

- if you ported to another carrier your SIM is dead and your account permanently closed. You will need a new SIM and a different e-mail address to create a new account

- if you didn't pay for more than 90days the porting scenario applies

Edit: I swear, there wasn't any reply when I started typing or hit send - besides me being slow there must be a lag in the community refresh rate as well. Sorry for the duplicate information!

@angel5711438 

How did you cancel your account? 

Did you port your number to another company? 

If you ported to another company, your PM account is permanently closed.  You will need to purchase a new SIM card and activate a new plan/account.

Or did you just remove your preauthorized payments?

If you just removed autopay, your account will be still be in suspended state for 90 days.  If more than 90 days, your account will be permanently closed and you will need to get new SIM card. If less than 90 days in suspended state, you should be able to access self service account.  Load funds and restart your suspended account. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@angel5711438 

Once you cancelled your old plan or if nonpayment for +90 days…your old SIM is useless and need to pickup a new SIM.

They are on sale at Canadian Cell Supplies for $4 with fast delivery or you can pick it up at their store in Oakville, Ontario.

If you order from PM, it may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

angel5711438
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i cancelled my account few months ago , can i get same account and use again ?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@angel5711438  If it’s been over 90 days  no 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@angel5711438 

Sorry you'll have to get a new sim card, to join again.

You can't reuse the old sim card.

Need Help? Let's chat.