cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel recently opened line

itaoi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i just opened a line today with self serve and attempted a phone number port from my current provider. With regret i cancelled the phone number port and just want to cancel the service and get a full refund. After cancelling the phone number port i now cant access my self serve account.

Please help

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@itaoi 

It's OK to change your mind and canceling your port to keep your 9ther axpccount was the correct move however there are some consequences to your action so you will have to deal with them.

• Contact customer support to assign a new number to your account. You are stuck with it now so you might as well enjoy it while you have it.
  • You need to verify your new pm self serve account. Without a phone number you can only do this thru your email used at activation. Once you get the 6 digit code enter the 6 digits and wait 5 seconds or so and you will be granted access to your account.
  • Disable pre-authorized payments on the payment page. You can ask the CSA to remove your card info when you ask for a new number to be assigned to your account.
  • Go to the profile page and disable 2FA verification. It's a pain in the butter to login with it enabled.
  • If you used a referral code you will recieve a $10 bonus credit in the next 72 hours and the first of $5×5 months bonus referral credit promo in the next week or so....you may want to use it towards another 30 days of service if you enjoy the first 30 days.....even if you don't you can schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan and give the Sim card away to someone who needs a cheap plan or keep the $40/15gb plan and give it to someone bummed out that they missed the deal and maybe recover some of your costs to activate.
  • Maybe you want to call forward your old number to the new pm number so you don't miss calls or suspend it for a month til you finish your 30 days of service here.
  • Let your pm account suspend for non payment and you will have 90 days to reactivate if you change your mind with a $15 credit ( cost to reactivate=$25)and nearly enough points for a $15 bill credit (welcome pts=5+6pts (3×points back)+3.75pts ($25 bill payment/3×pts back)=14.75pts

Welcome to Public Mobile! Even if it's only for the next 30 days.....

itaoi

charge back wasnt used...right after i declined my phone port from old provider via text the public mobile account stopped working. Now it doesnt event recognize my password or username...before it was just spinning on loading screen.

itaoi

this is what i did already, i tried on different device and browser as well as incognito. Still stuck on loading...

@itaoi wrote:

, my whole account is screwed up and is stuck in loading mode with the yellow circle and person blinking. It cant log me in. I tried with different browser from chrome also.

@itaoi  trying using Incognito mode, or try it on another browser or another device/computer

itaoi

yes thats the promo i selected, i decided to stick with my old provider after last min change of mind. I canceled the port form my old sim actually as i didnt want to proceed with port. I decided i didnt need the amount of data and rather pay less on my old provider. In summary, buyer remorse...i really wish i can get a full refund. 

itaoi

thanks i will try to log into my account and cancel preauthorized payments. The thing is that after cancelling the port, my whole account is screwed up and is stuck in loading mode with the yellow circle and person blinking. It cant log me in. I tried with different browser from chrome also.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@itaoi   What plan did you select? PM currently has 15GB/$40 plan available, but it's time limited and could be removed anytime, so you could schedule to change to it at renewal (locking it in), unless that's what you activated with?

You can use the number @softech  has pm'd you to resubmit the port from the previous provider if you want to complete the transfer?  Just keep the old SIM in the phone until you can respond to the transfer request.

@itaoi   since you have no choice but paid $45, try to use it for 30 days

Why you canceled the port and why you want to leave so quick?  Try it , give it a chance

And, if you really decide to go away, make sure you able to log back into My Account and disable Pre-Authorized payments.  It would have been enabled by default, so, login and make sure you disable it, or PM will keep charging you

itaoi

thanks...i jumped the gun on this. should have read it in detail as friend recommended me the service. I'm at a lost of $45 now....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@itaoi 

how did you "cancelling the phone number port"?   Usually it won't affect logging in of My Accout, unless you did a charge back from the credit card side.

Try to use Reset Password and see if it works

If not, please open ticket with PM support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@itaoi    Sorry, but PM is prepaid, so there's no option for refunds unless there was some error on PM's side.   Any particular reason for cancelling the port?

You can use PM's service for 30 days with a PM number since you've already paid for it.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you opened account at PM and paid for it, you cannot get refund as this is pre-paid service.

Need Help? Let's chat.