cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't use data

Soumaia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have bought a new phone. can't access the Public Mobile data when I don't have access to WIFI. tried all the steps explained in another post regarding APN. have also tried to remove my SIM card from the new phone and try it on the old, nothing works. Still have the same error: Internal Server Error. Also data balance is supposed to get reset on the 1st day of the month, so my balance should be good. Any help? I have spent too many hours trying to figure it out with the tools provided here ...

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

@computergeek541 

Good point. Thanks 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Soumaia 

Your Samsung S22 is a new phone so it can’t be locked by a carrier. 
If you purchased it privately then it could be Blacklisted.

Check on: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ 

@Soumaia 

Are text messaging and voice services working?  I'm going to assume that they are because you made no mention of that in your concerns about the service

@BKNS27 

A phone being reported as lost or stolen wouldn't only affect data services.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Soumaia 

Your Samsung S22 is a new phone so it can’t be locked by a carrier. 
If you purchased it privately then it could be Blacklisted.

Check on: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ 

@Soumaia you could have used up you data already.  Login to My Account, check if you see a line about data at My Data & Addons.

Soumaia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

S22

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Soumaia    All plans reset every 30 days and are never on a set day of each month as noted earlier, so depending on your renewal date, it's possible you've already depleted your plan allotment. 

First check what's available under My Data/Add-ons on the overview page.  If the data line is missing, then you either can wait until next renewal or purchase add-on data to tide you over.  Add-on data costs $15/1GB but any remaining data from it will roll over every cycle until depleted.  Also you need to add funds first and then back to buying the add-on if you go to this option.

Check that you haven't set the data limiter on your phone.  You would also need to sync the dates of your renewal to your phone's data to get a more accurate read of how much data you maybe using each 30 days.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Soumaia Account reset will not occur on the 1st of every month, but every 30 days. 
Look at Data & add-ons in your self serve account. If there is no line item labeled Data then you've used all the current data allowance. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you connected to the Public Mobile network?

Is cellular data turned on?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What make / model phone please ?

Need Help? Let's chat.