cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't phone out

cliffb1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a $15 plan.  I got it at the end of December 2019.  Everything has been great except on April 11th, i received a message saying that I have 10 minutes left on my plan.  Now I can't call anyone and get a message saying that long distance calls are not on my plan.  I can't even call locally.  Does anyone know why?  This is my plan:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
$15 per 30 Days
11 REPLIES 11

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Check 2 things in my account. 

Minutes used/deducted from your 100. 

Account status. Expired, suspended, money is due as per your 30 day cycle. 

While you wait for the  you still resolution,If have data, download TextNow fongo or hangouts dialer. The first two will give you free allternative phone numbers, the second one will let you spoof your phone number. TextNow will give free USA and sms while fongo will give you free forwarding and it's easier to maintain (only once in 90 days you have to make a call while TextNow wants you to use it once in 30 days) hangouts is Google so you don't have to maintain it as they don't give you another number.

1c /min is great add-on very nice cushion too if you run out of both data and minutes, but don't hoard too many blocks of it, I wouldn't recommend more than one add-on at the time as it's easy to obtain but if you ever switch to another plan you won't be able to get credit back

@cliffb1

Login to your selfserve and look at your usage history

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/ 

Order the usage by type and round up and add all outgoing calls

If that doesn't add up to 100 contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

@cliffb1  here's an article on buying Add ons. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Also here's an article on limited minute plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

They are pretty good at counting the minutes here. If you still can't find where the minutes went, you can post a usage history of your present cycle. Sort it by call type.  Omit all personal imformation.

@cliffb1 wrote:

Thanks for the info:  The problem is that I do not use my phone that much and I don't see where I have used anywhere close to 100 minutes - not even 50 minutes of calling.  I am still confused.

You need to go to My Account and look at your activity. Look for the calls that show your minutes used. All calls will show but inbound calls and 800 number outbound calls will show as 00. 

@cliffb1 wrote:

Thanks for the info:  The problem is that I do not use my phone that much and I don't see where I have used anywhere close to 100 minutes - not even 50 minutes of calling.  I am still confused.

Did you log into self service to look at your usage? Seconds are rounded up to the nearest minute. A 10 second call counts as 1 minute. Also using it to set up your voicemail and checking voicemail will use up minutes.

Here is my usage.

add on.jpg

cliffb1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

My Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are low users of our $15 mobile plans but the one time cost of $25 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

The add-on combinations below do NOT expire until minutes are used up.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total                   **🤔The lesser value of the group 🤔

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on and the $15 add-on has International, USA and Canada  while the only real use of the $8 add-on is for USA only calls.

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.

The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

Note 2:

Keep in mind the value of “Rewards that’ll lower your bill”.

Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes.

Promotional pricing as in March 2020 (Covid 19 era) with 1/2 price 1GB Data that does not expire.

They treat us very well.

Note 3:

If you have the option to call an 800 number, those calls do NOT deduct from your allotted minutes.

@cliffb1 I'm on the same plan.  To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. 

Stay safe. Welcome to the community. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cliffb1 wrote:

I have a $15 plan.  I got it at the end of December 2019.  Everything has been great except on April 11th, i received a message saying that I have 10 minutes left on my plan.  Now I can't call anyone and get a message saying that long distance calls are not on my plan.  I can't even call locally.  Does anyone know why?  This is my plan:

• - 250 MB at 3G speed
$15 per 30 Days

Consider getting the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. It's a great addition to a limited calling plan like yours as unused add-on minutes don't expire but roll over until you use them up.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@cliffb1 wrote:

• - 250 MB at 3G speed
$15 per 30 Days

With the $15 plan you are limited to 100 outgoing minutes. Seconds are rounded up to the closest minute. (eg. A 10 second call is rounded up to 1 minute). As well, checking your voicemail with your phone will use up outgoing minutes too. You can use another phone to check your voicemail. Dial your number and press * at the greeting. You can also purchase an add on in self service of 500 minutes for $5. The unused portion is rolled over from month to month until it is used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.