cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't call or text out !!!

CM424
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!

I can't call or text out. when I check the usage view,  it shows some strange No. at 7785804001 has been called out , but the No. doesn't show on my phone , and I never called this NO. why? Is somebody use my phone to make phone calls??? Is that  cause me can't make call out??  

And just  one minute ago, My cellphone automatically make phone call at xxxxxxxxxxxxx, It's  weird !!  why ? 

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

4 REPLIES 4

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CM424 

As others wrote, the 4001 number is PM voicemail. When someone calls you and the call goes unanswered, it will show on the call log as a call to that voicemail number.

After trying the suggestions above, you may also want to test your SIM card with another phone device. Your phone must be unlocked and compatible with PM.

Check the notification on your phone (usually shown on the top left corner).

It should say "Public Mobile" if you are properly connected to the PM network.

If you see "No service" on the top left corner of your phone,

1. You should check that your phone hasn't been blacklisted.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

2. Also check to make sure the SIM number listed on your self-serve account matches the last 4 digits of the numbers listed on the back on your SIM card.

Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

If PM service is still not working, you can contact Moderators for help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @CM424 ,

As @ShawnC13  and @geopublic , that number you are seeing is your voice mail phone number. So you have calls are going to voice mail, or are you checking your voice mail?

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CM424  That number is the voicemail number. It means that an incoming call was redirected to your PM voicemail. Even if you ported your number you should be able to dial out and also send texts out.

What happens when you dial 611 from your device. Is your account active or suspended?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@CM424 wrote:

Hi there!

I can't call or text out. when I check the usage view,  it shows some strange No. at 7785804001 has been called out , but the No. doesn't show on my phone , and I never called this NO. why? Is somebody use my phone to make phone calls??? Is that  cause me can't make call out??  

And just  one minute ago, My cellphone automatically make phone call at xxxxxxxxxxxxx, It's  weird !!  why ? 

The 4001 number is your voicemail.  Did you recently port a number from another provider?  It can take up to 4 hours to complete the port.  If it has been longer you should contact the moderators by clicking on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner and follow the prompts from SIMon the chatbot.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.