cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't add credit card

chris_s
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

after over a year of automatic payments my credit card suddenly stopped being accepted by public mobile. The card works everywhere else. I was able to add a different card to my account and make a payment, but the original card says "unable to process transaction" when I try to add it to my account. the credit card company says they are not seeing any attempted/declined transactions on their end. 

What's the recommended course of action? 

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chris_s   if the card is still on the system, I think you should leave it there, do not remove or try to add again

Did you try to manually pay again?  Try to use the option "Other .."  instead of "Amount Due", the optioin "Other .. " might work better sometime

If you still unable to pay, leave the card there, and open ticket with CS Agent, 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chris_s   To add to what's already been said, if you use the Remove Card option then make sure you enable autopay again as that gets disabled unlike Replace my Card option.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you need to pay right away you can get a voucher or try 611 option. It may have just been an autopay failure which causes a bit of chaos...Once you do get it back up you may want to manually add the required funds a day or 2 before to avoid this headache again

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you managed to add any other CC to your account but it refuses to update your current one, try different browser, clean cache and cookies. Incognito mode might help too.

Sometimes PM site is finicky when you try to update existing card with new expiry date.

Did you request from your bank Chargeback (reverse payment) for PM overpayment?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@chris_s 

Remove the card first before adding the other one. Use chrome or edge browser. Clear your browser cache first.

Need Help? Let's chat.