cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access my account because email incorrect

LSBH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Friday, my account was re-registered by Public Mobile internally because I had missed the port-out phone number message. I think when my email was re-registered, it was entered incorrectly because 1. the temporary password I was given doesn't work, and 2. when I've tried to reset my password, it still doesn't work. So it leaves me to think the email attached to my phone number is incorrect. How can I access my account now?

8 REPLIES 8

@Mf9690 

that post wasn't for you. I have no idea what issues you're experiencing...

Mf9690

Did that dont help

@Mf9690 

I'd beg to differ.

Anyone who's willing to give an inch will get a long way with this service.

I've got four users, and close family members have several others, who have never had an issue which is easily resolved.

Try dealing with any of the "big 3" wireless service providers and let us know how the "on hold" wait goes... and once you reach a customer service representative, how competent were they to fully resolve your issue?

Here, you have thousands of users and lots of very competent, longstanding regulars with a wealth of experience.

Mf9690

You will never get anywhere I've been trying to resolve same issue for 2 months  change carriers

@hTideGnow   Yep, I believe that's PM's default temporary password but probably unwise to post it in this forum even if it's well known.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LSBH 

open an incognito/private mode tab and then try logging in. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@LSBH   You don't have to post your temp password here.   🙂

I think you have to open ticket with PM CS agent again to have them reset the passwrd.  This time, make sure you test right a way and you can just simply reply their message in your inbox if it does not work

To open ticket with PM 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You will want to contact the CSA's to have them confirm log in information, @LSBH 

Here's how:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.