Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call going straight to voicemail

Justterry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

MrElbe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This has been going on for a long time for me. Tested with same SIM in iPhone 12 Pro Max and Samsung A10. Same result. When  Network mode set to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect), consistently goes to voicemail immediately without ringing on both devices and no indication of voicemal on the device. Setting to 3G rings and works. This behaviour is intolerable especially since in the US 3G is being decommissioned. Will have to change provider if no resolution soon. Yes, I tried the SIM card removal and insertion suggestions.

smitty267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happened to me.  Turns it my phone was identifying the number as spam and sending it straight to voicemail

@GeekWithTea 

When you are suspended due to nonpayment all services are suspended. Were you previously with koodo or telus and they had enabled voLTE or voip calling on your phone?

GeekWithTea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check to make sure your plan is paid off. I was supposed to receive a call today, but while I was able to call out, I wasn't allowed to get incoming calls. I'm sure you already did but for anyone else having this problem it doesn't hurt to look.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Try 3G only and see how it goes.  There has been some equipment upgrafe and this could solve the issue until the upgrade is completed.

Id issue persists , try to reseat the SIM, power off the phone,  take SIM out for a minutes and then put it back and power up.

If still not resolved, try to put your SIM on another phone as it could be a device issue as well.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Justterry 

Did you just port a phone number over to public mobile ?

A cell number can take 2-3 hours to complete. 

A land line could take around 7 days. 

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.  Do not cancel the previous provider's account or the port will not complete.

If it has been over the allotted time contact the customer support team by clicking the bubble ( bottom right-hand corner) and opening a ticket. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justterry 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Justterry 

Try putting your phone on 3G only (WCDMA) to see if it helps.

If there is upgrade work on infrastructure underway in your area that could affect transmission of calls from the LTE to 3G network.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Justterry 

Make sure:

• caller isn't on block list
  • Do not disturb isn't on
  • Volume isn't down
  • Bluetooth isn't turned on
  • Sleep time isn't enabled

Need Help? Let's chat.