HELP

31 REPLIES 31

camdickinson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

resolved.

@camdickinson wrote:

still says NO SERVICE

no connectivity whatsoever.

@camdickinson   Ok... that is certainly sim provisioning then.

message them first and wait for reply. 

camdickinson

still says NO SERVICE

no connectivity whatsoever.

@camdickinson   but can you confirm if you can make outgoing calls ? Does your phone showing it is connecting to PM network?

@camdickinson wrote:

already did today....no response.

@camdickinson   give PM a chance, don't give up.  Pretty sure @CS_Agent  will reply today to your Community inbox (I helped to tagged them and hopefully they are aware of your situation now)

camdickinson

already did today....no response.

@camdickinson did you check your Community inbox on top ?  

E-Community_Inbox.png

While it said 3 days, usually they response on the same day.  

No one like to wait, if you checked the inbox and no reply yet, message them again with your ticket number :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

camdickinson

yup, i did yesterday...thats exactly what they said it is....told me it could take three days to have someone respond.  it's okay, they accepted payment so PM is good.

@camdickinson wrote:

thx, just did....still nothing and no service....as a new client, not a great first impression.

You opened ticket with PM yet?, it could be just a sim provisioning issue and it will be an easy fix on PM side. 

And again, can you at least able to make outgoing calls?

You are porting in your phone number? 

camdickinson

thx, just did....still nothing and no service....as a new client, not a great first impression.

@camdickinson wrote:

Still no resolution.  we have nine PM accounts in our house...I am the youngest, so this is my first phone.  My Dad isn't happy, to say the least.  

I ticket can be automatically closed in 3 day @camdickinson . May I suggest you reply/poke the last message you received from the CSA at least once daily for an update, to help keep this front and center on their tasks.

camdickinson

Still no resolution.  we have nine PM accounts in our house...I am the youngest, so this is my first phone.  My Dad isn't happy, to say the least.  

@Timer wrote:

@camdickinson 

contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to check your account.

Whoops, did you notice @Timer , that OP posted and seemed to already have heard back from a CSA 1/2 hour before you posted this (which @hTideGnow already provided as well, as I am presuming that is how OP first submitted the ticket in the first place).

Ah ya, 3 days @camdickinson? Unless, this a ported over number from another provider (landline or voip perhaps) ?

@camdickinson 

contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to check your account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nice timely reply from the support people. 3 days?! Sheesh. That can't be right.

camdickinson

they have already confirmed the sim didn't register properly.  telling me it may take three days to fix...even though cc was charged and acct is active.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Okay that's good @camdickinson .

So, to rule out a sim card issue, that is why it is being suggested to try the sim into another phone, doesn't have to be an apple phone, and but an unlocked/compatible phone. And see if any services work on it.

Also, @dust2dust also mentioned to confirm the phone is not blacklisted. Did you check that?

Here is the link to do so: Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

You said brand new sim, okay. Were you a customer before the new sim and performed a sim swap?

or,

is this a brand new sim card activation?

You could also check your My Account to make sure the sim card number listed there matches the actual sim card in your phone.

camdickinson

that was already completed.  but thatnks.

problem is on PM end.  not here.

@dust2dust wrote:

I'm not an Apple guy but is there something about de-registering the phone from the previous Apple account and registering it to a new one?

More of an orange perhaps @dust2dust  ?

@camdickinson wrote:

this phone worked fine on my parents public mobile acct until today.

so a different sim/number is now going to be used for the iphone 7 @camdickinson .

you may need to deregister the number that exists on the phone and add a new one. But some services should still work.

Did you try the sim card into another phone as @dust2dust mentioned?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm not an Apple guy but is there something about de-registering the phone from the previous Apple account and registering it to a new one?

camdickinson

yes

camdickinson

this phone worked fine on my parents public mobile acct until today.

camdickinson

shows no service

acct is active and credit card charged

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

So were you charged for the sim card activation and plan you chose @camdickinson  ?

If so, can you log into your My Account and confirm status is Active, or call 611 from your device to check the status.

HI @camdickinson   and the Carrier Profile showing Public mobile?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try the sim in another phone? Maybe also check devicecheck.ca.

camdickinson

no other updates present

camdickinson

just updated phone to ios 15.6 before inserting sim

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you connect to wifi and go into settings general about phone to see if anything updates.

Need Help? Let's chat.