cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought new sim card and 30 dollars worth at walmart and wont work

jjstyles619
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought new sim card and 30 dollars worth at walmart and wont work trying to call you guys but cant get a number to do so i need to know what to do or i will be very very upset and what i will have to do will not be good please help me i paid for top ups at walmart i was given a pin number but there is nowhere i can put it in!!!!!

11 REPLIES 11

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Attention all Walmart shoppers!!!

@jjstyles619 

You should have come here first. While you had good intentions....your plan to start up will not work. 

You need to activate the SIM with a plan on PM. 

While activating you will need to provide payment via as per below. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 7.05.59 AM.png

No ATM cards....so if no Credit Cards.....buy a Vanilla Mastercard and use it to start up. 

THEN you can use your top ups. 

@jjstyles619 
If you are porting your old number over from PC to PM.

Did you leave the PC in your phone and reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM?

There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or porting will be cancelled.

This most important step and is missed by most new members.

Your PC SIM will continue to work in the meantime.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot at the bottom of the page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You might want to do some research before you decide to use Public. This is self service and you need to be somewhat tech savvy. If you are willing to accept that, you’ll be fine. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jjstyles619   So, Walmart still selling you PM sim card? or you just got the voucher from them?

We are supposed to only use credit card to activate.  To activate via voucher, you will need to open ticket with CS agent and arrange. 

Also to port in from PC Mobile, you need to pick a new phone number first.  After you activated the line, then you open another ticket with PM agent and request porting from PC Mobile

You probably need to talk to agent a lot for all these, start with messaging them and arrange activation via voucher:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
  • Public Mobile is self serve
  • Everything is done online…by you
  • Learn to use the website
  • The community is very helpful if you have questions 
  • Enjoy the great pricing and perks 😊

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

We should add, just for clarity, that we are just customers like you.

We’re not public mobile employees so telling us you, “will be very very upset and what i will have to do will not be good”  doesn’t really mean a whole lot to us other than knowing you’re pissed off … at them I suppose.

You really don’t have much of a reason to be that upset yet.

Buying vouchers are just top ups and you haven’t even activated your SIM card yet which is a completely different process.

Recommend reading up a little bit on this new mobile provider before jumping in.  You’re going to find that reading, and self education, will go a long way here if you’re going to receive services from public mobile.

Primarily … all support is online and there is no live chat or telephone contact number to reach customer service. That’s a game changer for some and you should know that at the onset.

@jjstyles619 - oh, you are trying to use vouchers to activate a public mobile SIM card? Unfortunately that is not an option any longer through the activation pages.

So, since you already have the SIM and vouchers, you could get assistance with public mobile customer support in this case.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

And, tell them you want to activate the SIM card, and that you want to add the vouchers onto your account. They should be able to help you create a My Account and get that SIM card activated for you.

Not ideal, I know. But if you do not have a credit card to activate the SIM card, then try this method. If you do have a credit card, just activate the SIM card, then add the vouchers to your available balance afterwards.

@jjstyles619   Then you need to activate a PM account first

Do you have a credit card for activation? Usually you need to use a credit card and not voucher.  

If you need to activate voucher, let us know, as the steps would be different

@jjstyles619 

click activate at the top of the page to activate a new account.

Enter the SIM card details where required, and apply a payment using a credit card or a Visa / MasterCard debit card.

You’ll also need an email address and a referral code from a current customer (if you want to save a little bit of money)

You can add the payment vouchers later to use for the next top ups.

jjstyles619
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I use to be with pc mobile now im trying to get with public mobile so this is the first time i have done this i dont even have a number for public mobile yet 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jjstyles619  Voucher could take 24 hours before it can be used.  has it been 24 hours yet?

So, is your account current suspended? and can you wait the full 24 hours and try to load again?

And your sim card is to change sim on the current account (like replacing broken one)?  if you are changing sim card, you have to login to My Account on a computer (desktop or laptop) to change sim card.  There is a problem with the mobile site, so using a phone or tablet to request Change sim card on My Account won't work, you need to do that on a computer

Need Help? Let's chat.