cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone has ported in from FONGO home phone? Thanks

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am going to get rid of my home phone(voip from Fongo,$5 one) but want to kee[ the number,wondering if this is possible?

11 REPLIES 11

@yackinlyn 

Try plugging your home phone directly into the adapter and not through the phone wall plugs.  It should be a lot better.

Also try plugging the adapter and your phone hand set into a friends internet and see if the quality improves.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Yes. 

Ask fongo what they need from you to release the number. 

I ported  over my voip,ms number and it took a week. 

You will have days of split services. 

You also may have to contact a PM CSA to initiate the port in. 

Keep your fongo account paid up. 

In my case it just happened...no text from voip carrier.....but a “it’s complete” email came from PM. 

My voip Account is still intact with no loss of balance. 

Leave your ATA box up and running....and phone with PM SIM card installed 

yackinlyn

that is possible, we moved in a brand new house, the first internet was bell 1.5g, and bell phone ,quality not good either lol.

@yackinlyn 

If you're sure that your internet speed and connection are good, then it's very likely that the telephone wiring in your house is faulty.   And the cause of your bad connection.

Try plugging your Fongo adapter into a friends house internet connection and see if that makes a difference.

yackinlyn

the phone line quality so bad we canot use it ,the same time a family member needs a cell phone plan, that is why we want to get rid of it

yackinlyn

we barely use fongo home, the quality is so bad, maybe our internet is bad(but we have no issue streaming). yes our adapter would be a waste

@Friend 

The other beauty about Fongo Home phone is that you can take your adapter anywhere globally and make calls with a wired wifi connection.

All calls you make seem like  your calls are received as if your still at home.  But your really not!

It's like your roaming for free.

Friend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If your goal is to keep using the phone number on a regular basis, in & out from a mobile device, then it makes sense to port.  If you're just trying to keep the number alive to receive calls on it, then there are probably cheaper options, such as just forwarding all DID calls from your VOIP line to your cell phone.  I'm not familiar with FONGO, but in Voip.ms, you can forward a DID line to another number and just pay the per-minute rate of $0.009/min.  The line itself costs about $3/month.

And like @Quigley said, it gives you a backup voice number if you ever need it.

@yackinlyn 

Why get rid of that since it's only $5 month and you've already paid for the adapter , that's needed for that service.

It's always a good idea to have a backup phone service other than your PM service, in case you can't use the PM service for whatever reason, in the future.

But yes, porting from fongo is possible, but only takes a bit longer. A week or so.

yackinlyn

thank you so much, i just checked and it is ok

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yackinlyn   yes, it is possible to port in from Fongo.  Fongo is one of the choice there

Just make sure you confirm if porting eligibility here first. (most numbers can be ported in  but some numbers cannot )

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Also, porting in from Fongo , VoIP provider,  could take longer, between 3 to 7 business days

Need Help? Let's chat.