cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended, active credit cards on file, *611 says balance zero

K8T
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am out in the bush and isolated. I have 2 credit cards on file. Account suspended for 2 days. I called *611 and the message said my balance was zero, so I don't think I owe anything. Since account was suspended I can't check banking or credit cards. I keep transferring money through the *611 until my account has a credit.

Dec 21, 2021Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$100.00 $160.00
Dec 21, 2021Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$30.00 $60.00
Dec 21, 2021Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$20.00 $30.00
Dec 20, 2021Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$8.00

The system finally take the payment from the credit and takes awhile to reactive my account. I am waisting my data trying to figure out what went wrong with your system. I now have a $90 credit on account and lost two days service, plus waisting my current data. I have since  checked and there was nothing wrong with my credit cards. Royal peeved, waist of time, while out in the bush in the winter weather. This is not saving me anything with this service. *611 needs to have more options and more information than your account is at zero? Someone needs to reprogram the system. I received no information about a failed attempt for payment and was totally in the dark. 

26 REPLIES 26

@K8T 

Please check for a private message from me about something important regarding your Community account.

@K8T 

Tap on her tag to go to her profile and send it from there...about halfway down the left hand side of her profile page you will see "send this user a private message".

K8T

I have tried to pm @Jade_S  but the system keeps giving me an error message?

Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

I have even added them as a friend. 

@K8T   glad you have your service back!!

if you still have pending issue with the payment, as @darlicious suggested, try to message Jade directly.  

K8T

yes I have my service back.

softech 

@K8T 

What a mess! The CSA's are certainly not making this any easier but rather compounding the problem! I suggest you also take this up with @J_PM the community manager who can assign a team member who can properly look into why there are so many payment anomalies happening in your account. I would ask for some compensation for all of this hassle and the extra grief the CSA's have put you thru.....clearly this is not good customer service in any way, shape or form and public mobile should be embarrassed at how your support request has been handled so far.

@boilerman wrote:

yes

??

@boilerman   you had similar problem?

boilerman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes

@K8T   So, do you at least have the service back at the moment?

K8T

I did ask for a more technically informed agent, but was fluffed off. I just posted a detailed update of the timeline. Hope it helps someone else or even PB fix the issue.

K8T

There is are programming issue with Public Mobiles computer system online. The programming is also an issue with *611 and the SIMon chat. This problem is not addressed with CS_Agents as they have not been informed about the computer issues.

After going through four CS_Agents "The payment investigation has been successfully submitted to the payment department, this is your reference number 0*******7, this investigation can take 14-20 business days, they will try to contact you if is needed, also, if you haven't received a call or any type of refund, notification or anything similar don't hesitate to contact us."

Timeline of events

I changed my account plan December 2nd to update at renewal date December 19th.

December 19th the computer took my payment for the old plan at $35.

The system decided I was short for the new plan of $70 and suspended my account.

I received no warning or text information. Only texts were the standard one the day before payment saying there was not enough funds in the top up account, which I have never used. I have always disregarded with out incident. 

I am in an isolated area with no service other than the *611. As one of you said the "perfect storm". Since I set everything up well ahead of time I believed I had done my due diligence.

I transfer repeated transferred random amount from my credit card on file. This is all *611 will allow you to do, a limitation of the program.

Screen shot showing all the payment that went through my bank below, Totalling $215.83 that is HST included.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 4.42.36 PM.png

Dec 20 my rewards were add to my account, excluding my AutoPay Reward.

Dec 21 the new plan amount of $70 was taken out of all the top ups leaving a balance or $90 on account, attachment below.

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.37.33 AM.png

 So now I have lost the $35 auto payment, have $90 sitting in an account I don't like to use.

Technically they owe me a refund of $125 plus HST. 

I have repeatedly been through the chat with SIMon with no luck, again because of programming limitations. Finally I get to start a ticket and chat with an agent. This option didn't come up instantly, it took repeated try's.

I have chatted with no less than four agents and have and must now wait for them to investigate 14-20 business days, over the Christmas and New Years holidays.

CS_Agents:

They have limited information on their end to see. They can not see the that the old payment has beed taken off my bank. I supplied a screen shot and was still asked to call my bank and verify that the money was actually posted then report back to them.

They told me my credit card was not set up for AutoPay, when clearly it was because the old plan amount went through. I have not changed it and it still shows as active on my Public Mobile account.

I have learned about the glitch here in the community, thanks to all who helped. So when I first started communicating my lack of information did not help me explain to the agents. So for the most part they ignored what I was trying to communicate and offered a $90 refund. They keep trying to explain to me how I have only $90 available for refund and that they cannot refund the governments HST. 

This ticks me off as they are absolutely incorrect about HST refunds. So I am trying to educate the CS_Agent about HST. I explain how the fact that they do not issue receipts showing the company HST number they are breaking the law. Now we are off topic and they are telling me that I was sent several warnings. I can only assume that since my account was locked and I could not receive or send anything that perhaps there messages were lost in the ether with all my other messages that I never received.

Now they are going to check the system to see if there is anything wrong with my account for receiving messages. This sound like they don't believe me and are threating to investigate to prove I am lying. Again with the AutoPay was removed and not active and telling me the old plan payment of $35 plus HST did not go through. 

We are going in circles, and they are not listening or believing me. They are likely going through a set program on the screen and can not think outside the box. This is the limitation of the training.

New agent, again with the $35 charge never went through, my credit card AutoPay was not active. Asks for a screen shot of the banking. Yes they can put in a request for the $90 plus HST, it will take14-20 business days. Explaining how to look at my transactions on account. Shaking my head and getting more peeved. 

New agent, has just read the last correspondence with the previous agent. How about reading all the correspondence and getting right up to date? This is where I get asked to call my bank and confirm that the payment of $35 plus HST actually went through. So I call the banks 1-800 and I am on hold for over 35 minutes to confirm. Next morning he has put in the payment investigation and now I wait.

I have done everything right, but lost my account for 2 days. Alone and isolated without access to information to fix things. I have done all the investigation to figure out what has gone wrong. Waisted my time, energy and data to do their job, and now I must wait 14-20 business days for them to catch up. I sure hope this post will help someone else.

edited by computergeek541:  removed screenshot

@K8T 

You may be getting new CSA's that have just been hired. Ask for a senior colleague to take over your ticket if you still keep hitting a roadblock with your current CSA.

K8T

You may need to start a ticket with the chat with SIMon system on here, Then a CS_Agent will be in touch with you. From the start page click "get help". Just keep asking the SIMon questions until they offer a ticket, sometimes it takes awhile. SIMon is stuck in a loop of limited information unfortunately, it is the way it is programmed. I am now on my 4 CS_Agents but they are also limited in how they respond. The CS_Agents have clearly had limited training and are basically just human robots. I have had to be persistent and not accept their incorrect solutions. I have been sending them screen shots of my VISA to prove that I was charged at renewal for my old plan and then again after I repeatedly made payment top ups through *611 for the new plan. I think the company would be smart to read some of the issues here then upgrade the CS_Agents training and the computer system.

Wish you luck.

Breeze56

Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breeze56 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9.after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone,
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Breeze56

I am having the same problem. Updated my card yesterday and still no phone. If not resolved by tomorrow I will have to go somewhere else.

@K8T 

Unfortunately you seem to have had a perfect storm of glitches occur all at the same and the worst time for you when you are solely dependent on your phone for outside communication and access to the internet. Most importantly does the available funds in your account (w/o taxes showing) match the amount that has been charged to your visa card (that include 13% tax)?

As long as that is correct then the path of least resistance is to leave the funds in your account to pay for your next renewal. You can at least rest assured that a manual top up payment that now sits in your available funds is the safest way to pay for your plan services and virtually guarantee a successful renewal.

As far as the limitations of only being able to access 611 to pay and reactivate your plan that gave incorrect payment needed info when you were trying to pay but not overpay is very annoying and not helpful when isolated from the luxuries of the modern world.

Furthermore a little additional messaging on the change plan page that topping up your account with a manual payment that will cover your new higher plan amount is highly advisable to avoid a possible autopay failure would have served you and many others a world of good. If pm can't fix the glitch they should at least warn customers on how to avoid it!

Have I touched on all of your points of contention? Bring these points up with customer support and see if they will give you a 5gb bonus data add on as compensation for your troubles. BTW accessing the pm site and poking around the community uses about 8mb max per hour so at least you know you're not really wasting mobile data being here....with a few members to safely socialize with at a distance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@K8T : Is 611 still saying an incorrect balance? Maybe you could post a screenshot of your overview page and that list from your payment history from here (not payment card). (Edit: blank out personal info of course)

But I also understand your reluctance to use your data to get to the bottom of this.

I think the previous poster touched on something realistic...you're not likely out any money or value...just your time and data to figure this out. When an account suspends then when it restarts, it starts then. It doesn't pay for value when you couldn't use the service. ie. suspended.

But screenshots would help us help you. Some things can be a bit goofy around here. The timing of that rewards text is important too.

K8T

I understand all you are saying now. I did not understand it as I had never used a top up system, only auto payment by credit card. 

It seem I am being penalized for Public Mobiles programming failure. It appears to be a well known failure also as I read through the community posts. 

I did receive the standard text through *611 "Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account". That made me falsely  believe everything was fine.

Clearly the systems lack of information during such incidents has compounded the issue. Especially when the only option given through *611 is to transfer money. I am certainly not happy at this moment and will not be referring anymore people. The ball is in their court to rectify this. My time and data continues to be waisted along with other folks caught in this debacle. Thank you for your reply.

@K8T 

Well I can tell you what basically happened. As @Anonymous mentioned if you schedule a change plan on next renewal to a higher priced plan and don't manually top up your account the full plan amount the autopay system sometimes only charges your card your old plan amount $35-$2 autopay reward=$33 ($37.29 including 13% tax). 

Then because autopay only tries one payment every 30 days your account was suspended because it was $35+tax short of your $70-$2=$68+tax plan amount. When you added $20 via 611 it was still short of your plan amount owing. $70-$2=$68-$33=$35-$20=$15 still owing to reactivate your new plan. With you still owing $15 you added $30 which reactivated your account and new plan and left you with a $15 account balance in your available funds. Then you added $100(+$13 tax) which should leave you with $115 in your available funds. (All the funds added to your account have 13% tax added to your visa billing statement your account has funds with taxes paid but not included for ease of accounting.)

Yes you were suspended for two days but you didn't pay or were charged for those 2 days as your 30 day cycle moved forward 2 days and will now renew on January 20th instead of the 18th.

You should look at your transaction history for your charges and payments. The December 4th charge of $8 ($9.04l) did you add a payment? Is this reflected in your transaction history? For now In am setting it aside until you confirm its a pm top up. Otherwise this how it seems to add up to me....13% taxes assumed on your visa statement.

• $2      autopay reward
  • $33    autopay (automatic payment)
  • $20    manual top up
  • $30    manual top up
  • $85    total that triggers reactivation of new $70/20.5gb plan
  • $10    30 DAY PLAN debit
  • $75    credit balance
  • $60    20.GB+500MB autopay bonus debit
  • $15    credit balance
  • $100  manual top up
  • $115  credit balance  

Are we close in numbers to your self serve?

Edit: I see from your OP the $9.04 was an $8 manual top up so your balance should be $123?

K8T

Already said yes to the gift last month. We shall see what they do with the ticket. I agree with you about leaving the $90 there just incase. Bottom line is they charge me twice and cut me off for two days. *611 is just too limited to sort out what was going on, and now I am waisting my data to sort out this mess. Here is my break down as submitted on the ticket. 

On December 19th my VISA was charged $37.29 (old plan)

then my account was suspended?

I repeated called *611 and kept adding money from the same VISA even though the system said my account was at zero.

December 4th $9.04

December 21st $22.60

December 21st $33.90

December 21st $113.00

So a total of $178.54 was transferred. 

Then they took $70 (new plan) from the transferred money leaving $90?

I believe I am owed $35 plus 2 days for the suspended service nuisance and $108.54.

That should be $143.54 plus at least 2 free days or something equal.

I am now waisting my current data trying to sort this out, when there appears that there was nothing wrong with my credit cards as I was able to repeatedly transfer money using *611.

I am in an extremely isolated area and have no access to any other phones or internet services, this is my life line that you have taken from me in the middle of winter. I look forward to your resolution for this trouble. Thank you

*611 did not serve me well as it is very limited information, and your automated system did not help at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@K8T : if you're showing a balance in your Available Funds then I would choose to leave it there. It'll just get used at your next renewal and you'll still get the autopay reward even though it didn't hit your card. Or not all of it anyway.

As for some kind of credit for the couple days of no service...maybe. There's a bit of a bug around plan changes and autopay. It's known around here to have sufficient balance to cover the higher cost plan rather than let autopay figure it out. So maybe they'll do a little something for you.

Don't forget to get the current gifts of 2gb of data and 500 minutes of long distance.

K8T

I logged in and set my account to change at the next renewal from a $35 plan to a $70 plan a week before the Dec payment was due. They did $35 (old Plan) off my VISA on the 19th but disabled the account on that date also. With my plan disabled I was only able to access through *611, new experience to me. The only options were to make payments with the VISA on file, even though the recording said my account was at zero balance. Since I could not access my VISA or my Public Mobile account I didn't understand if that was what was left in my account or owing? I kept adding money from my VISA over the next 2 days through the *611 system, then they took $70 off the account balance today and finally reactivated my service. I now have a credit of $90 on my auto pay account, when I have always had it come off the VISA automatically. Bottom line I am owed a refund for $35 + HST, two days lost service and the $90 that is sitting in limbo. Plus I need to make sure that I have the $70 account for data as I am in an isolated area for the winter. Very frustrated trying to get help when in the middle of nowhere. I have filled in a ticket requesting refunds.  Just finding out how and where to do that was a challenge, as the automated system is too limited. I appreciate you help, thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@K8T : First of all realize that you're talking to a fellow customer. I can't do anything to your account. So...

Whatever accumulated balance is on your account can just go toward your next renewals. You can't change plans in 611 so I'm not sure how that happened. Did you log in to self-serve and change it? Did you set it up to change on your next (this last) renewal? If you're able to log in to your self-serve account then what do you see for Available Funds? Is it showing your preferred plan? Maybe post screenshots of your overview page and more of those payment details. Blank out personal info of course.

I agree that the 611 is limited in functionality. But there it is.

K8T

It is working now.  My account was suspended for two days and I was charged twice. $35 for my old plan on the due date and $70 for the new plan after making all the transfers through *611, that took affect at this new billing period. *611 is way too limited for information and choices. I was unable to check my credit cards or my pm account because I was suspended. *611 is not indicative of solving problems. I am looking for a $35 plus 2 suspended days credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@K8T : if you're using your data doing all this then your services must be working. Can you call in/out? Text in/out? Apparently your data is working.

As for the zero balance yeah that looks like a problem. Is your overview page still showing as suspended and Plan Expired? Is the date up top in the future or recent?

Need Help? Let's chat.