cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 3 won't connect to network

Mikey68
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have changed APN settings and were able to connect to network while my Phone"s wifi were on. Once I disconneted, the Public Mobile at top of screen disappeared! Iam baffled and any help would be greatly appreciated!

12 REPLIES 12

Mikey68

Thank you,in touch with a Rep now who hopefully can help me figure it out

@Mikey68 

your device is working in here,

but i have a Q, 

do you ever use it in here,,, and your account is Active.

can you tried to turn off device and take out SIM card and insert in other device.

i think if your SIM card is will be working in other device then tried to do Hard Reset, maybe is will be fix it if not then your device issue.

also if your SIM card for both devices not connect to network, then open ticket with support team by CS_Agent  to them check it out.

No luck with what? I asked about several scenarios to try to nail down where the problem is. What works? What doesn't? Did the phone ever work here? Is this a recent problem?

Mikey68

No luck my friend,I have also changed APN several times

Mikey68

It's Z01HD

I recently did a factory reset. This is absolutely last resort. Backups are unreliable and incomplete.

@Mikey68 

1. How to Reset Network Setting

2. select your device model to get customized  APN Settings  

3.  Switch to 3G network.

and rebooting device.

if still not working  do Hard Reset, and you need to backup before you do that to save videos/photos/contacts.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is all very confusing. Turn off all the radios except cell. Wifi off, bluetooth off, nfc off (if present), location off, mobile data off. Even force close any fm radio app. Can you call and text?

Turn on mobile data. Can you get to a website?

Turn off mobile data and turn on wifi and connect to your home internet assuming you have it. Can you get to a website?

Can you set your Preferred network type 3G or LTE or at least both.

@Mikey68 

How to find model name visit here:   asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/

Mikey68

I have done that to no avail. I cannot text nor make/ recieved calls. The Network is only on while my wifi is on. I cannot tell what version but had worked prior on the Chart Network? Still miffed!

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Mikey68 

Asus Zenfone 3  what your model

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Mikey68 what regional varient do you have?  If you have a Global version or Indiab version, you would not have enough band connect well to the LTE networks  Only the Taiwan or US/Brazil version will work well

Your phone 8n all version should have the full compatible bands on 3G

Try to lock your network type to 3G only and the data should work

Need Help? Let's chat.