cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your prices for Plans and Ad-Ons are way to much!!

JeffAnnett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JeffAnnett  PM competes with Chatr (Rogers)  and Lucky (Bell)

$15 Plan: Winner PM

$25 Plan: Winner Lucky

As for add-ons I agree they are expensive but at least they don't expire.Smiley Happy  Also PM offers more rewards that you need to take into consideration when making a decision.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

I like to think of the $30 1GB data addon as the replacement for overage charges that are $8+/100 MB at the Big and Middle 3 brands.

@stonechucker don't let @kav2001c hear you say that! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Tony8,

@Tony8 wrote:

Hi, you probably are refering to add-on data at $30/gb. You can choose a larger data plan and not have to buy data add-ons. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

The US roaming add-ons seem like a good deal,  cheaper than the Major networks, from what i have seen.

I like to think of the $30 1GB data addon as the replacement for overage charges that are $8+/100 MB at the Big and Middle 3 brands.

Sure it's a steep price when you run out of data, but it doesn't expire at the end of the cycle, so it lasts for your possible future overages.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you compare to any of the big 3?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Plans were a lot better priced a couple of weeks ago.   I would agree also that pricing could be better.  Wait for the next sale/competitive offer.  

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, you probably are refering to add-on data at $30/gb. You can choose a larger data plan and not have to buy data add-ons. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

The US roaming add-ons seem like a good deal,  cheaper than the Major networks, from what i have seen.

3mom

I've been with Public Mobile since virtually conception when they didn't even have an actual store yet, so yes, their pricing was competitive and now they are in line with many of the other companies out there, but still far better what the others are offering. If you really think about it, most of us already have wi-fi at home or can get free wi-fi at a mall, so why would we really need to purchase so many add-ons... It is great for someone who travels a lot and doesn't have access to all the extras all the time, but it is always great to have options!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM pricing and plans are competitive with other providers.  They are a third tier provider with no phone support and only online support through an online forum and moderators.  If you want or need phone support then you would need to pay more for service through a tier 1 provider like Bell & Telus.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

It was previously much better pricing I agree, but honestly, it really doesn't matter who your provider is in Canada.  They're all overpriced.

Until there's a revolt against all of them about pricing, the costs will continue to be too high.

I don't know how long ago you found Public Mobile - I got a terrific deal in 2016 which I'm still on.

3mom

Public Mobiles plans are actually quite fair in comparison with what most other companies offer. No other company rewards their clients each month with money off their bill for referring clients to the company either. No credit checks, no contracts, service has been amazing for the last nearly 11 years I have been with this company! 

Need Help? Let's chat.