cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You told me my number was changed

Bagzz1025
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I was told my number was changed to a specific new number and now when people text me it says it’s a land line ?!?? Like seems like this company has crazy amount of people complaining about the service here?! I spent hours yesterday trying to get into my account and number changed and I’m still locked out of my account and my number isn’t changed and when I text people they don’t get anything 

12 REPLIES 12

@Bagzz1025 wrote:

It is , I’ve had 10 diff people try texting me and it says it’s a landline , and when I call my number from my house phone it goes to some business voicemail here in town ? But when I text my ex on her iPhone the number I asked for shows up , if I text a android they don’t get anything ? 

I don't doubt that it's a landline.  I'm only saying that the number was already associated with a landline.  A numberr is with whichever landlione/VoIP/wireless carrier that it's assigned to.  It doesn't change on its own.  As from earlier in the thread, Public Mobile assigned you someone else's phone number by mistake.  The only solution to that is to change your phone number, although I'm aware that you're have difficulties at the moment getting into your account.

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Was your account hacked? I have never seen where a phone number was changed without the request/permission of the owner.

I have found PM volunteers and moderators quite prompt at returning private messages. Send one to a mod that way. Good luck.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bagzz1025 - 

I don't quite understand the saying it is a landline issue?

Sounds all a little strange regarding the number change. Who changed the number for you, a CSA from public mobile?

Can you deregister the old phone number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/  maybe the two numbers are causing issues.

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

If you need to change your number again, you can do this yourself in your Self Serve account under the Change Number option. Of course, you need access to do this. So if the forgot your password is not working that see other posts for contacting CSA to get you back into self serve.

@Bagzz1025   you can try to use the Forgot Password link ( https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/ ) there and try to re-set it yourself.

If you are unable to reset it that way or unable to answer the Security question, open ticket with PM Support again and they will reset it for you

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bagzz1025 

If you cannot login or use the forgot password option you will need to contact customer support and ask for a "password reset" so you can log into your self serve account and use the "change number" feature. It appears you got assigned an already in use landline. Click below to contact customer support.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Bagzz1025

I’m locked out of my account ! Which yesterday they helped me get back in and then when I logged out and went to log back in my new password wouldn’t work ?!? And I know I’m entering the same new password , now I’m locked out again . This is getting very frustrating 

@Bagzz1025   Ok, then you did select Change Number yourself ad picked a number.  Just that the number you picked was owed by someone else

It is a glitch, Telus sometimes give out wrongly some numbers that owned by someone else.  In this case, since the number you picked was already owned, you have no choice but to pick another number.  Just go back to MY Account and click Change Number and pick another one

Bagzz1025

It is , I’ve had 10 diff people try texting me and it says it’s a landline , and when I call my number from my house phone it goes to some business voicemail here in town ? But when I text my ex on her iPhone the number I asked for shows up , if I text a android they don’t get anything ? 

Bagzz1025

I asked them to change my number , and no I’ve had like 8 people try calling me and it goes to some other place says it’s a landline , but on my phone in the settings it says the number I asked for and if I text people with iPhones like my ex it shows up as the number , but if she try’s to call me back it goes to some security place voicemail ??!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bagzz1025  did you just join PM and requested Porting ?  Was it about a month ago?

If that is not the case, there is really no reason PM will change your number out of no where.

Can people call your number and can you receive the calls?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bagzz1025- If you cannot log into your self serve account, try the password reset option.  If that's not working, contact a PM rep using the Get Help link.  The PM rep should also be able to sort out your number change issues.

@Bagzz1025 wrote:

Yesterday I was told my number was changed to a specific new number and now when people text me it says it’s a land line ?!?? Like seems like this company has crazy amount of people complaining about the service here?! I spent hours yesterday trying to get into my account and number changed and I’m still locked out of my account and my number isn’t changed and when I text people they don’t get anything 

A number can't suddenly become a landline. That part would be an issue with the carrier of the people who are trying to send you a message..  As for your number being changed, this can happen if your requested a number to be ported in but that request failed.  It could also happen if Public Mobile initially assigned you a phone number by mistake that was already in use by someone else.

Need Help? Let's chat.